IBM-3455 PARTS CHECKLIST
3. AC power adapter
QUICK START GUIDE
SETTING UP THE BASE
1. Insert the pedestal into the slots on the
bottom of the base and slide up to lock in
place. The pedestal is reversible for desk
USE ONLY CLASS 2
or wall mounting.
2. Connect the telephone line cord to the
"LINE" jack and to a telephone outlet.
3. Connect the AC power adapter to the
9V DC jack and to an AC outlet.
4. Raise the antenna vertically.
INSTALL THE BATTERY
1. Slide open the battery door.
2. Insert the battery into the battery
compartment so that its connectors line
up with those on the handset.
3. Close the battery compartment door.
4. Place the handset on the base and allow
it to charge for 12 hours.
1. Pick up the handset from the base.
2. Press P . The display will show "CONNECTING". Once the IBM-3455 has
acquired a line the display will show the channel that it is using (eg.
CHANNEL 50). Wait until you hear a dial tone.
3. Dial the number you wish to dial.
When you are finished talking, press the P
key or place the unit back into
the base to end the call.
7. Quick start card
4. Reversible pedestal
5. 7-foot line
cord for desk use
6. Short line cord for
9. Ni-Cd battery pack