Changing the Handset Settings
You can change the setting on the handset in the
In the menu options the settings that can be changed
• Ringer Tone: Change the way the ringer sounds on
the handset or turn ringer off.
• Time and Date Setting: Change the time and
• Home Area Code: Setting your home area code for
Caller ID dial back.
• Local Area Codes: You can set your local area
codes if you have 10-digit dialing for Caller ID call
back. You can have as many as 8 local area codes.
• Call History: Will allow you to select the Caller ID storing options; Save "ALL
CALLS", save "UNANS CALLS" (unanswered calls), or save "NO CALLS".
• Repeat Calls: Will allow you to select the way repeat Caller ID calls are
stored; "SEPARATE" will store the repeat calls as separate entries,
"COMBINED" will store the repeat calls as one entry and the "RPT" icon will
display for these calls.
• Call List Order: Will allow you to program how you view the calls, "BY TIME"
shows the first call received to the last call received, or "NEW CALLS" shows
the new Caller ID calls first then the old calls.
Note: At any time during options programming you can quit and the settings
that you have selected will be saved. Quit the options menu by pressing
and holding D/MENU or let the options programming time out by not
pressing any keys for 20 seconds.
If within your local area you are required to dial 10-digits (XXX-XXX-XXXX)
to dial a local number, use the "LOCAL AREA CODE" programming. In
this case do not use the "HOME AREA CODE" when setting up for Caller
ID call back.