MODEL CL 10SA POWER TOOLS TECHNICAL DATA STUD CUTTER CL 10SA SERVICE MANUAL LIST No. 0789 Jan. 2001 SPECIFICATIONS AND PARTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE FOR IMPROVEMENT...
Notice for use Specifications and parts are subject to change for improvement. Refer to Hitachi Power Tool Technical News for further information.
7-1. Safety Instructions ........................9 8. REPAIR GUIDE ..........................12 8-1. Precautions in Disassembly and Reassembly ................12 8-2. Reassembly ..........................17 8-3. Insulation Tests ........................... 25 8-4. No-load Current Value ........................ 25 9. STANDARD REPAIR TIME (UNIT) SCHEDULES ..............26 Assembly Diagram for CL 10SA...
The current Model CL 10D stud cutter is, however, expensive because it is cordless and there is an increasing demand for a low-price stud cutter with cord. The new Model CL 10SA is a light-weight and low-price stud cutter adopting the same cam system as that of the Model CL 10D and sharing components with the Model CL 10D2 that is an upgraded version of the Model CL 10D.
A safer and better working environment without fear of fire or scattering of chips and dust is ensured because the Model CL 10SA does not produce the chips, dust, and sparks unlike cut-off machines and disc grinders. Shearing force: 2500 kg...
This means that the cut-off machine must be moved from one spot to another over a wide area. The Model CL 10SA is compact, lightweight, so it is easily transportable and particularly convenient for cutting off hanged studs.
In conventional cutting with a cut-off machine or disc grinder, considerable time is required for deburring after the studs have been cut. In actual tests, the Model CL 10SA is approximately three times more efficient than cut-off machines or disc grinders.
Before cutting a stud, when setting the open cutter to the desired cutting position, setting can be easily accomplished by turning on the switch at "Low speed". Also, as the Model CL 10SA is equipped with a brake that stops the cutter movement in an instant, the cutting operation can be stopped instantly at any desired condition without worry of unwanted inertial movement after the switch is turned off.
(9) Convenient stud mounting hole facilitates cutting studs to specified lengths The stud mounting hole is very convenient when cutting many studs to the same length at floor level. The adjustable stud mounting hole permits mounting of M6 to M10 studs, and can be used as an accurate cutting length guide for the full range of applicable studs.
5. SPECIFICATIONS 5-1. Specifications Model CL 10SA Capacity Mild steel studs (size of studs for cutting): M10, M8, M6 or W3/8" Type of motor AC single-phase series commutator motor Enclosure Main body : Glass fiber reinforced polyamide resin Cover: Glass fiber reinforced polyamide resin...
6. COMPARISONS WITH SIMILAR PRODUCTS 6-1. Specification Comparisons Hitachi Maker • Model Item CL 10SA CL 10D CL 10D2 M10 x 1.5 M10 x 1.5 M10 x 1.5 Capacity: M8 x 1.25 M8 x 1.25 M8 x 1.25 Soft steel studs (Size of studs for cutting)
7. PRECAUTIONS IN SALES PROMOTION 7-1. Safety Instructions In the interest of promoting the safest and most efficient use of these tools by all of our customers, it is very important that at the time of sale the salesperson carefully ensures that the buyer seriously recognizes the importance of the contents of the Handling Instructions, and fully understands the meaning of the precautions listed on the Caution Plate and Name Plate attached to each tool.
Stud L-shaped angle (30 mm L-shaped angle) (25 mm L-shaped angle) 8 mm or more Fig. 14 (4) Precautions in cutter replacement The cutters must be mounted in the proper directions. Instruct the customers to ensure that the notched grooves on the side surfaces of the cutters are in a "Yes" and "No" relationship when viewed from the front end of the main body, as illustrated in Fig.
(6) The Model CL 10SA is designed for cutting mild steel studs. If the tool is used for cutting brass or stainless steel studs, the threads of the studs will be deformed so that nuts cannot be applied. In addition, as use of the tool to cut hardened bolts, different-sized studs, reinforcing rods, etc.
8-1. Precautions in Disassembly and Reassembly The [Bold] numbers in the description below correspond to the item numbers in the Parts List and exploded assembly diagram for the Model CL 10SA. 8-1-1. Preparation to disassembly (Fig. 18) Before disassembly, depress the trigger switch until Bracket (A)  opens and release the trigger switch. Then disconnect the power cord plug from the power source.
8-1-2. Disassembly (1) Bracket ass'y section (a) Removal of the Cover  (Fig. 18) Remove the two Machine Screws (W/Washers) M4 x 20 (Black)  from the Cover  and remove the Cover . (b) Removal of the Return Plate  (Fig. 20) Remove the two Seal Lock Screws (W/SP.
(e) Removal of the bracket ass'y (Figs. 23 and 24) Remove the three Hex. Socket Hd. Bolts M5 x 12  from Bracket (B)  with the Hex. Bar Wrench 4 mm . Holding Bracket (A)  and Bracket (B) , remove the bracket ass'y being careful not to make the Return Spring  jump up.
(ii) Removal of Roller (A)  (Fig. 26) The Roller Pin  that secures Roller (A)  is press-fitted into Bracket (A) . Remove the Roller Pin  by pushing in either direction with a hand press. Then Roller (A)  can be removed.   ...
(3) Power supply unit section (a) Remove the two Tapping Screws (W/Flange) D4 x 16  from the inside of the main body. Remove the Cord Clip  and the Cord Armor . (b) Then the decelerating mechanism and the power supply unit can be removed together. (c) Removal of the Switch  To disconnect the two internal wires (red and blue) coming from the Brush Block Ass'y , two internal wires (black) coming from the Noise Suppressor  and three internal wires (black, yellow and white) coming from...
8-2. Reassembly Reassembly can be accomplished by following the disassembly procedures in reverse. However, particular attention should be given to the following items. (1) Reassembly of the power supply unit section Be sure to perform wiring connections as indicated in the wiring diagram below (Fig. 31). When connecting the internal wires to the terminals of the Switch , check that the flat springs of each terminal are not deformed (Fig.
(2) Reassembly of the housing section (a) Second Pinion  (Fig. 32) Before inserting the Needle  in the Second Pinion , apply grease (Nippeco SEP-3A) to the inner circumference of the two Idle Gears . Mount the Washer  facing its smaller diameter side to the Ball Bearing 6001VVCMPS2L .
(c) Power supply unit (Fig. 34) Blue    Earth terminal   Fig. 34 (a) Mount the Cord  to Housing (A)  and mount the Cord Clip  facing its protrusion to the cord. Secure them with the two Tapping Screws (W/Flange) D4 x 16 . (b) Push the earth terminal of the Noise Suppressor  as far as it will go along the ribs of the Stator  and Housing (A).
(d) Mount the Pushing Button (A)  mating its groove to the protrusion on the lever of the Switch  (Fig. 35). (e) Mount the Spring (A)  to the Pushing Button Groove (A)  (Fig. 34). Protrusion (f) Mount the Wrench Holder  to Housing (A)  Groove (Fig.
(b) Mounting Roller (A)  Check the position of the smaller diameter end of the Roller Pin  and insert the Roller Pin  in the hole of Bracket (A)  in the proper direction as shown in Fig. 37. Align Roller (A)  with the hole of Bracket (A)  and press-fit the Roller Pin  until it becomes flush with the end surface of Bracket (A)  (Fig.
Face the side where the boss portion is lower than the end surface of the  gear to the Retaining Ring for D18 Shaft .       Fig. 39 Fig. 40  (f) Mounting the assembly to the main body (i) Insert the Ball Bearing 608VVC2PS2L  in the ball bearing chamber of Housing (A)  (Fig.
(g) Reassembly of the Return Plate  Align the Return Plate  with the Roller Pin  and Bolt (A) . Insert the pin of the Cam Shaft  in the hole of the Return Plate  and secure them with the two Seal Lock Screws (W/SP. Washer) M4 x 12  (Fig.
(g) Mounting the Cover  or the Cutter Ass'y M8  Disconnect the power cord plug from the power source, and fasten the Cover  with the two Machine Screws (W/Washers) M4 x 20 (Black) . The Cutter Ass'y M8  must be mounted in the proper directions. As shown in Fig. 44, they must be mounted so that if the groove in the side of one cutter is present (Yes), the groove in the side of the outer cutter is not present (No).
8-3. Insulation Tests On completion of disassembly and repair, measure the insulation resistance, and conduct the dielectric strength test. Insulation resistance: 7 M Ω or more with DC 500 V Megohm Tester Dielectric strength test: AC 4,000 V/1 minute, with no abnormalities ......220 V --- 240 V products 8-4.
9. STANDARD REPAIR TIME (UNIT) SCHEDULES Variable 60 min. MODEL Fixed Work Flow CL 10SA Second Pinion Ball Bearing (6001VV) Washer x 2 Ball Bearing (609VV) Retaining Ring for D15 Shaft Ring Gear Needle x 2 Hook Idle Gear x 2...
LIST NO. 0789 ELECTRIC TOOL PARTS LIST STUD CUTTER 2001 • • Model CL 10SA (E1)
PARTS CL 10SA ITEM CODE NO. DESCRIPTION REMARKS USED CAUTION PLATE (E) 319-411 HOUSING (A).(B) SET 319-402 PUSHING BUTTON (A) 319-403 SPRING (A) 981-373 TUBE (D) FOR CORD 319-412 SWITCH 992-635 EARTH TERMINAL 994-273 NOISE SUPPRESSOR 953-327 CORD ARMOR D8.8 938-051 CORD ARMOR D10.1...
PARTS CL 10SA ITEM CODE NO. DESCRIPTION REMARKS USED 307-606 MACHINE SCREW (W/WASHERS) M4X20 (BLACK) 319-838 COVER 319-396 BOLT (A) 987-203 SEAL LOCK SCREW (W/SP. WASHER) M4X12 319-398 RETURN PLATE 319-397 BRACKET (A) 931-875 TAPPING SCREW D5X35 319-395 BRACKET (B) 949-574 LOCK NUT M12 (10 PCS.)
CL 10SA STANDARD ACCESSORIES ITEM CODE NO. DESCRIPTION REMARKS USED 308-569 TRIMMER M8 OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES ITEM CODE NO. DESCRIPTION REMARKS USED 308-563 CUTTER ASS’Y M6 (1 PAIR) INCLUD.602 309-181 SPACER M6 (10 PCS.) 308-565 CUTTER ASS’Y M10 (1 PAIR) INCLUD.604 308-780 SPACER M10 (10 PCS.)