MODEL CL 10D2 POWER TOOLS TECHNICAL DATA CORDLESS STUD CUTTER CL 10D2 SERVICE MANUAL LIST No. F842 Jan. 2001 SPECIFICATIONS AND PARTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE FOR IMPROVEMENT...
Notice for use Specifications and parts are subject to change for improvement. Refer to Hitachi Power Tool Technical News for further information.
8. REPAIR GUIDE .......................... 15 8-1. Precautions in Disassembly and Reassembly ................15 8-2. Reassembly ..........................21 8-3. Precautions in Disassembly and Reassembly of Battery Charger ..........27 9. STANDARD REPAIR TIME (UNIT) SCHEDULES ..............28 Assembly Diagram for CL 10D2...
Thanks to the weight reduction of the motor, decelerating and cutting mechanisms, the Model CL 10D2 weighs only 3.2 kg even though it uses the 12 V battery while the Model CL 10D using the 9.6 V battery weighs 3.4 kg.
A safer and better working environment without fear of fire or scattering of chips and dust is ensured because the Model CL 10D2 does not produce the chips, dust, and sparks unlike cut-off machines and disc grinders. Shearing force: 2500 kg...
The Model CL 10D2 is compact, lightweight, and cordless, so it is easily transportable and particularly convenient for cutting off hanged studs. In addition, it is capable of cutting up to 550 studs per single charge, so it has sufficient operability to cut many studs at floor level as well.
In conventional cutting with a cut-off machine or disc grinder, considerable time is required for deburring after the studs have been cut. In actual tests, the Model CL 10D2 is approximately three times more efficient than cut-off machines or disc grinders.
L-shaped angles, in order to prevent damage of the lagging. As illustrated, the Model CL 10D2 permits cutting of studs within an L-shaped angle measuring 25 mm x 25 mm x 3 mm (t).
(8) Convenient stud mounting hole facilitates cutting studs to specified lengths The stud mounting hole is very convenient when cutting many studs to the same length at floor level. The adjustable stud mounting hole permits mounting of M6 to M10 studs, and can be used as an accurate cutting length guide for the full range of applicable studs.
5. SPECIFICATIONS 5-1. Specifications Capacity Mild steel studs: M10, M8, M6 or W3/8" Number of cuttings per battery charge (M10) 550 cuts powered by Battery EB 1230H Cutting time 2.3 (sec.) Type of motor DC magnet motor Main body : Glass fiber reinforced polyamide resin Enclosure Battery: ABS resin Charger: ABS resin...
Pilot lamp indications (UC 14YF2) 0.5 sec ON, 0.5 sec OFF Prior to charging Blinks Stays ON constantly During charging Read pilot lamp remains lit or flashes. 0.5 sec ON, 0.5 sec OFF Blinks Charging completed 0.1 sec ON, 0.1 sec OFF Storage battery or Charging not possible Flickers...
6. COMPARISONS WITH SIMILAR PRODUCTS 6-1. Specification Comparisons Hitachi Maker, model Item CL 10D2 CL 10SA CL 10D M10 x 1.5 M10 x 1.5 M10 x 1.5 Capacity: M8 x 1.25 M8 x 1.25 M8 x 1.25 Soft steel studs (Size of studs for cutting)
7. PRECAUTIONS IN SALES PROMOTION 7-1. Safety Instructions In the interest of promoting the safest and most efficient use of these tools by all of our customers, it is very important that at the time of sale the salesperson carefully ensures that the buyer seriously recognizes the importance of the contents of the Handling Instructions, and fully understands the meaning of the precautions listed on the Caution Plate and Name Plate attached to each tool.
Ensure that all customers understand that Model EB 1230H or EB 12B Storage Batteries should be turned into any Hitachi Power Tool sales outlet or authorized service center when they are no longer capable of being recharged or repaired. If thrown into a fire, the batteries may explode, or, if discarded indiscriminately, leakage of the cadmium compound contained in the battery may cause environmental pollution.
Stud L-shaped angle (30 mm L-shaped angle) (24 mm L-shaped angle) 8 mm or more Fig. 14 (14) Precautions in cutter replacement The cutters must be mounted in the proper directions. Instruct the customers to ensure that the notched grooves on the side surfaces of the cutters are in a "Yes" and "No" relationship when viewed from the front end of the main body, as illustrated in Fig.
(17) The Model CL 10D2 is designed for cutting mild steel studs. If the tool is used for cutting brass or stainless steel studs, the threads of the studs will be deformed so that nuts cannot be applied. In addition, as use of the tool to cut hardened bolts, different-sized studs, reinforcing rods, etc.
7-2. Suggestions and Precautions for Efficient Use of Charger Batteries may not be chargeable immediately after use: If the type EB 1230H or EB 12B storage batteries are exposed to direct sunshine for an extended period, of if the temperature of the batteries is 40˚C (104˚F) or higher immediately after they have been used in the tool, the pilot lamp may not light up when the batteries are connected to the Model UC 14YF2 Charger.
8-1. Precautions in Disassembly and Reassembly The [Bold] numbers in the description below correspond to the item numbers in the Parts List and exploded assembly diagram for the Model CL 10D2. 8-1-1. Preparation to disassembly (Fig. 18) Before disassembly, set the Pushing Button  to the position and depress the trigger switch until Bracket (A)  opens.
8-1-2. Disassembly (1) Bracket ass'y section (a) Removal of the Cover  (Fig. 18) Remove the two Machine Screws (W/Washers) M4 x 20 (Black)  from the Cover  and remove the Cover . (b) Removal of the Return Plate  (Fig. 20) Remove the two Seal Lock Screws (W/SP.
(d) Removal of the Final Gear  (Fig. 22) Remove the Retaining Ring for D18 Shaft  that retains the Final Gear  and the Cam Shaft  with the stop ring pliers. Remove the Final Gear  and the two Feather Keys 5 x 5 x 10 . Then the Cam Shaft  can be removed.
(f) Disassembly of the bracket ass'y (i) Removal of Bolt (A)  (Fig. 25) Bolt (A)  that secures Bracket (A)  to Bracket (B)  is press-fitted into Bracket (B)  and tightened with the Lock Nut M12 . Hold Bracket (B)  with a vise and loosen the Lock Nut M12  with a wrench (loosening torque: about 350 kg•cm).
(2) Housing ass'y section (a) Removal of the Hook  (Fig. 27) Remove the Retaining Ring (E-Type) for D4 Shaft  that retains the Hook  with a small flat-blade screwdriver. Then the Hook  can be removed. (b) Removal of Housing (B)  Remove the nine Tapping Screws (W/Flange) D4 x 20 (Black)  that secure Housing (A)  to Housing (B) .
(c) After removal of Housing (B) , the internal assemblies and parts can be removed (Fig. 28). First, remove the Switch Holder . Holding the Pushing Button  and the Spring , remove the Switch . Remove the Terminal Support . Remove the Motor  and the Second Pinion  from Housing (A) .
(4) Second pinion section (Fig. 29) Remove the Ball Bearing 6001VVCMPS2L  press-fitted into the Second Pinion  with a bearing puller. Then the Washer  can be removed. Remove the Ball Bearing 609VVC2PS2L  in the same manner and remove the Retaining Ring for D15 Shaft  with the stop ring pliers. Then the Washer  can be removed.
(2) Reassembly of the housing section (a) Second Pinion  (Fig. 32) Before inserting the Needle  in the Second Pinion , apply grease (Nippeco SEP-3A) to the inner circumference of the two Idle Gears . Mount the Washer  facing its smaller diameter side to the Ball Bearing 6001VVCMPS2L .
(c) Power supply unit (Fig. 33) Mount the power supply unit assembled according to the above step (1) to Housing (A) . Connect the internal wires of the Switch Ass'y  locating the blue internal wire at the upper position and the brown internal wire at the lower position.
(c) Press-fitting Bolt (A)  Put Bolt (A)  through the hole of Bracket (A)  and press-fit it in Bracket (B)  completely (Fig. 36). At this time, a clearance is made between Bracket (A)  and   Bracket (B)  due to the dimensional tolerance.
(f) Mounting the assembly to the main body (i) Insert the Ball Bearing 608VVC2PS2L  in the ball bearing chamber of Housing (A)  (Fig. 40). (ii) Press-fit the Third Pinion  in the Second Gear  and insert it in the Ball Bearing 608VVC2PS2L  of Housing (A)  (Fig.
(h) Confirmation after reassembly Before mounting the Cover . Install the battery and check the following operations. ( i ) Set the Pushing Button  to the position and check that the Cam Shaft  rotates clockwise as shown in Fig. 42. (ii) Set the Pushing Button  to the position and depress the trigger switch.
(g) Mounting the Cover  or the Cutter Ass'y M8  Remove the Battery , and fasten the Cover  with the two Machine Screws (W/Washers) M4 x 20 (Black) . The Cutter Ass'y M8  must be mounted in the proper directions. As shown in Fig. 43, they must be mounted so that if the groove in the side of one cutter is present (Yes), the groove in the side of the outer cutter is not present (No).
9. STANDARD REPAIR TIME (UNIT) SCHEDULES Variable 60 min. MODEL Fixed Work Flow CL 10D2 Second Pinion Ball Bearing (6001VV) Washer x 2 Ball Bearing (609VV) Retaining Ring for D15 Shaft Ring Gear Needle x 2 Idle Gear x 2...
LIST NO. F842 ELECTRIC TOOL PARTS LIST CORDLESS STUD CUTTER 2001 • • Model CL 10D2 (E1)
PARTS CL 10D2 ITEM CODE NO. DESCRIPTION REMARKS USED CAUTION PLATE (C) 319-416 HOUSING (A).(B) SET 307-604 PUSHING BUTTON 319-773 SPRING HITACHI LABEL 319-401 HOOK 307-607 WRENCH HOLDER 301-653 TAPPING SCREW (W/FLANGE) D4X20 (BLACK) NAME PLATE 968-643 RETAINING RING (E-TYPE) FOR D4 SHAFT 944-458 HEX.
PARTS CL 10D2 ITEM CODE NO. DESCRIPTION REMARKS USED 308-779 SPACER M8 (10 PCS.) 308-564 CUTTER ASS’Y M8 (1 PAIR) INCLUD.51 319-399 ROLLER (A) 319-400 ROLLER PIN 319-394 CAM SHAFT 948-015 FEATHER KEY 5X5X10 1 -- 01 * ALTERNATIVE PARTS...
STANDARD ACCESSORIES CL 10D2 ITEM CODE NO. DESCRIPTION REMARKS USED 319-774 CASE CHARGER (MODEL UC 14YF2) 308-569 TRIMMER M8 OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES ITEM CODE NO. DESCRIPTION REMARKS USED 308-563 CUTTER ASS’Y M6 (1 PAIR) INCLUD.602 309-181 SPACER M6 (10 PCS.) 308-565 CUTTER ASS’Y M10 (1 PAIR)