Thank you for choosing our product. We hope you will enjoy
using the appliance.
Read the operating instructions carefully before putting the
appliance into operation and keep the instructions including
the warranty, the receipt and, if possible, the box with the
• Use the device only for the intended purpose.
• The device should be installed in such a way that existing
ventilation holes are not covered.
• Never open the housing of the device. Incorrect repairs
can constitute a considerable risk for the user. If the
device is damaged it should not be used, but repaired by
These symbols may be found on the machine and are
intended to indicate the following:
The symbol with an exclamation mark should
advise the user of important operation or
maintenance instructions in the accompanying
Devices bearing this symbol work with a "class
1 laser" for tracing the CD. The built-in safety
switches should prevent the user being exposed
to dangerous laser light, which is invisible to
the human eye, when the CD compartment is
Under no circumstances should these safety switches be
bypassed or manipulated, as this could result in a danger of
exposure to the laser light.
Symbols in these Instructions for Use
Important information for your safety is specially marked. It is
essential to comply with these instructions in order to avoid
accidents and prevent damage to the machine:
This warns you of dangers to your health and indicates pos-
sible injury risks.
This refers to possible hazards to the machine or other
This highlights tips and information.
Children and Frail Individuals
• In order to ensure your children's safety, please keep all
packaging (plastic bags, boxes, polystyrene etc.) out of
Caution! Do not allow small children to play with the
foil as there is a danger of suffocation!
• Road safety is of paramount importance. You should
therefore use your car radio at all times in such a way
that you are able to cope with the current traffic situa-
• Please remember that at a speed of 30 mph (50 kph)
you travel 15 yards (14 metres) in one second.
• We advise you not to operate the radio in critical situa-
• It must be possible to hear the sirens of police and fire
brigade vehicles etc. from inside the vehicle in good
• When driving you should therefore not turn the radio
volume up excessively.
• In order to avoid serious road accidents, the device
should be installed in such a way that you are not hin-
dered when operating the steering wheel, gear lever
• Similarly, safety aspects such as airbags and your clear
view of the road must not be obstructed either.
Safety notes for the time of assembly/
• First disconnect the minus pole and then the plus pole of
the battery. (connection in the reverse order.)
Please note: Once the battery has been disconnected
the information is lost from all volatile memory. Please
note the safety information provided by the vehicle
• The main fuse must be installed as closely as possible (not
more than 30 cm away) to the plus pole of the battery so
that the car is protected from any cable fire caused, for
example, by an accident. If the above is not complied
with the insurance protection no longer applies.
• The cross-section of the plus and minus cable must not
exceed 1.5 mm².