12. Horizontal Air Direction Control Tab
13. Cool Air Discharge
14. Inlet Grille
15. Air Filter
16. Control Board
17. Upper Guide
19. Remote Control
USING THE AIR CONDITIONER
shock, or injury to persons, read the important
SAFETY instructions section before operating this
To begin operating the air conditioner after
installation, follow these steps:
1. Plug in the air conditioner. (To prevent electrical
hazards, do not use an extension cord or an
2. Set the TEMP control to the lowest number.
3. Set the MODE control to the COOL.
4. Adjust the louvers for comfortable air flow with
5. Once the room has cooled, adjust the TEMP and
FAN SPEED control to the setting you find most
NOTE : If the air conditioner is turned off, wait 3
minutes before restarting. This allows pressure
inside the compressor to equalize. Failure to wait 3
minutes before restarting may cause inefficient
If you move the TEMP control to a warmer, then
immediately back to a cooler setting, the
compressor will shut off, although the fan will
continue to run. Wait 3 minutes before restarting.
Review the DISPLAY section for other settings.
(See page 10)
- 9 -
To reduce the risk of fire, electric