INSTALL THE AIR CONDITIONER IN THE
• Carefully lift the air conditioner and slide it into the open
window. Make sure the bottom guide of the air
conditioner drops into the notches of the L brackets.
• When the air conditioner drops into the L brackets, the
air conditioner will be centered in window opening as
shown in FIG. 7.
• While steadying the air conditioner, carefully bring the
window sash down behind the upper guide of the air
conditioner, as shown in FIG. 8.
SECURE THE GUIDE PANELS
Extend the guide panels (ITEM F) to fill the window
opening using 4 screws (ITEM B) to secure them, as
shown in FIG. 9.
INSTALL THE SASH SEAL AND SASH LOCK
• Cut the foam seal (ITEM E) to the window width.
Stuff the foam seal between the glass and the window to
prevent air and insects from getting into the room, as
shown in FIG. 9.
• Fasten the remaining L bracket on either side of the
window using screw (ITEM A). See FIG. 9 inset.
Installing this bracket prevents window from being raised
which may result in unit falling.
• Remove the screws that secure the cabinet and base
pan in the right side.
• Attach the support bracket (ITEM H) in the inner window
sill with a screw (ITEM B), as shown Fig. 10.
IF AIR CONDITIONER IS BLOCKED BY STORM
• If storm window presents interference, fasten a 2" wide
wood strip to the inner window sill across the full width of
the sill. The wood strip should be thick enough to raise
the height of the window sill so that the unit can be
installed without interference from the the storm window
frame. See FIG. 11.
Top of wood strip should be approximately 3/4" higher
than the storm window frame to help condensation to
drain properly to the outside.
• Install a second wood strip (approximately 6" long by
" wide and same thickness as first strip) in the center
of the outer sill flush against the back of the inner sill.
Screw the L brackets into this strip.
This will raise the L bracket as shown in FIG. 11.
WOOD STRIP MOUNTED
ON TOP OF INNER SILL
REMOVAL FROM WINDOW
Turn the air conditioner off, and disconnect the power
cord. Remove the L bracket and the screws installed
through the top and bottom of the guide panels, and save
for reinstallation later. Close the guide panels. Keeping a
firm grip on the air conditioner, raise the sash, and
carefully tilt the air conditioner backward, draining any
condensate water. Lift the air conditioner from the window
and remove the sash seal from between the windows.
• Air conditioners covered in this manual pose an
excessive weight hazard. Two or more people are
needed to move and install the unit.
To prevent injury or strain, use proper lifting and
carrying techniques when moving unit.
• When handling the air conditioner, be careful to avoid
cuts from sharp metal fins on front and rear coils.
• Make sure air conditioner does not fall during removal.
- 7 -
Support Bracket (ITEM H)
FOR L BRACKET