CYLINDER AND PISTON
• Piston pin clips 1
• Piston pin 2
• Piston 3
• Put identification marks on each piston head
for reference during reinstallation.
• Before removing each piston pin, deburr the
clip groove and pin hole area. If the piston
pin groove is deburred and the piston pin is
still difficult to remove, use the piston pin
Piston pin puller:
Do not use a hammer to drive the piston
• Piston rings
Spread the end gaps apart while at the same
time lifting the piston ring over the top of the
piston crown, as shown in the illustration.
Cylinder and piston
• Cylinder and piston walls
Vertical scratches → Replace cylinder
• Piston-to-cylinder clearance
• Measure the cylinder bore "C" with a cylin-
der bore gauge.
Measure the cylinder bore "C" in parallel to
and at right angles to the crankshaft. Then,
find the average of the measurements.
4 - 44