PREPARATION FOR REMOVAL AND
1. Remove all dirt, mud, dust, and foreign
material before removal and disassembly.
When washing the machine with high pres-
sured water, cover the parts as follows.
• Silencer exhaust port
• Side cover air intake port
• Water pump housing hole at the bottom
• Drain hole on the cylinder head (right
2. Use proper tools and cleaning equipment.
Refer to "SPECIAL TOOLS" section.
3. When disassembling the machine, keep
mated parts together. They include gears,
cylinders, pistons, and other mated parts
that have been "mated" through normal
wear. Mated parts must be reused as an
assembly or replaced.
4. During the machine disassembly, clean all
parts and place them in trays in the order of
disassembly. This will speed up assembly
time and help assure that all parts are cor-
5. Keep away from fire.
1 - 3