STARTING AND BREAK-IN
1. Before starting the engine, fill the fuel tank
with the fuel.
2. Perform the pre-operation checks on the
3. Start and warm up the engine. Check the
idle speed, and check the operation of the
controls and the "ENGINE STOP" button.
Then, restart the engine and check its
operation within no more than 5 minutes
after it is restarted.
4. Operate the machine in the lower gears at
moderate throttle openings for five to eight
5. Check how the engine runs when the
machine is ridden with the throttle 1/4 to 1/2
open (low to medium speed) for about one
6. Restart the engine and check the operation
of the machine throughout its entire operat-
ing range. Restart the machine and oper-
ate it for about 10 to 15 more minutes. The
machine will now be ready to race.
• After the break-in or before each race,
you must check the entire machine for
loose fittings and fasteners as per
Tighten all such fasteners as required.
• When any of the following parts have
been replaced, they must be broken in.
CYLINDER AND CRANKSHAFT:
About one hour of break-in operation is
PISTON, RING, VALVES, CAMSHAFTS
These parts require about 30 minutes of
break-in operation at half-throttle or less.
Observe the condition of the engine care-
fully during operation.
1 - 17