Recording, Playback and P2 Card Handling
Insert a P2 Card
• When you use this unit for the first time, be sure to set the internal
clock in setup menu No. 069 (CLOCK SET).
Turn on the POWER switch of this unit.
Insert a P2 card in a P2 card slot, and push it in until
the EJECT button pops out.
Recording and Playback
To start recording after a stop in the recording mode, press
button and the PLAY
Recording starts on the P2 card whose access LED lights
orange. Press the STOP
to start playback.
Recording cannot be started from the thumbnail/play list
➝For details, refer to "Control Reference Guide" (page 17).
• The P2 card access LED for a slot where a P2 card is inserted during
playback of a previously inserted card will remain off and the
second P2 card is not recognized. The second P2 card is
recognized when playback ends.
• A P2 card inserted in another slot during recording of a previously
inserted card will cause the P2 card access LED to flash and the
card will be recognized. Do not remove the P2 card from the slot
while it is being recognized.
Introduction: Recording, Playback and P2 Card Handling
button to stop recording.
Bend the protruding EJECT button downwards to the
right and set the card lock to ON.
• The P2 card access LEDs on this unit show P2 card status
when a P2 card is inserted.
➝For details on P2 card status, refer to "P2 Card Access
LEDs and P2 Card Status" (page 35).
• P2 cards are played back and recorded in the following slot order:
1 ➝ 2 ➝ 3 ➝ 4 ➝ 5 ➝ 6 ➝ 1
• When the power is turned on and the slot selected for recording at
the last power off contains the same P2 card, that slot will again be
selected for recording. If the slot does not contain a P2 card or
contains another P2 card, a card in a slot with the lowest number will
be selected for recording.
• When a P2 card becomes full during recording, a slot with a higher
number that contains a card with free space will be selected for
<Precaution in using P2 cards>
• Format P2 cards only on a P2 card device.