Playing and editing Combinations
About the M50's
Combinations let you split and layer up to 16
Programs at once.
A Combination is made up of 16 Timbres (Note that
you don't have to use all 16 Timbres!). Each Timbre is
assigned a Program, along with parameters for key
range and velocity zones, mixer settings, MIDI channel
and controller ﬁltering, and so on.
There are several different ways to select
Combinations. Each one is convenient in a different
• Using "Combination Select" and the VALUE
• Using the Bank/Combination Select menu:
• Using the Category/Program Select menu:
• Using a foot-switch: PG page 228
• Sending MIDI program change messages to select
Programs remotely: PG page 95, page 218, page 220
and page 392
4: q/u switches
3: Combination Select
2: COMBI P0: Play
As with Programs, each Combination has ﬁve insert
effects, two master effects, and one total effect for
shaping and transforming the sounds of the individual
This section of the manual takes a quick look at playing
Combinations, including tours of the front-panel
controllers and basic editing techniques.
Selecting a program using
"Combination Select" and the VALUE
1. Press the MODE COMBI switch. (The LED will
The M50 will enter Combination mode.
2. Access the Combi P0: Play– Program T01–08 page.
This is shown in the top line of the display.
If a different page is shown, press the EXIT switch
several times to move to the Combi P0: Play– Program
3. Make sure that "Combination Select" is selected.
If it is not, press "Combination Select" in the display to
4. Select the combination you want to play.
You can use the following methods to select a combination.
• Use the q or u switches.
4: VALUE dial
(Refer to the illustration below for the switches.)
Page number and name
(Combination number and name)
Combination Select popup button
4: Numeric keypads
5: BANK SELECT
Category Select popup button
(Category number and name)