Selecting a Sound Field Program
You can enhance your listening experience by selecting a DSP sound field program. The 24 DSP sound field programs are divided into 12
DSP program groups. For details about each program, see page 67~72.
If you want to utilize the Rear Center
speaker with a 5.1 channel program
source, press 6.1/ES. However, note
that to achieve the proper effect with the
rear center channel, Dolby Digital
Surround EX or DTS ES software
should be used.
Hi-Fi DSP Programs
Europe Hall A
Europe Hall B
Europe Hall C
Concert Video 1
Virtual CINEMA DSP and HP CINEMA DSP
You can experience the virtual CINEMA DSP sound field by setting the 1C. REAR L/R SP item in the SET MENU to "NONE." The
sound field processing is changed to the Virtual CINEMA DSP mode according to the selected sound field program. Virtual CINEMA
DSP is performed using the Main speakers. You can also listen to HP (Headphone) CINEMA DSP by connecting your headphones to the
PHONES jack while the DSP sound fields are on.
CHURCH JAZZ CLUB
U.S.A. Hall D
Europe Hall E
Concert Video 2
Normal Stereo Reproduction
For normal stereo reproduction, press EFFECT to turn off the effect.
Set 10KEY/DSP to DSP.
Press one of the DSP program group buttons (or PROGRAM
on the main unit) repeatedly until the DSP program you want
appears in the front panel display.
• For example, to select "Live Concert," press HALL 2 repeatedly. You can
also select sound field programs within the current group by setting
PARAMETER/SET MENU to the PARAMETER position and pressing
the cursor + or – button.
• If a DTS or Dolby Digital signal is input when the input mode is set to "AUTO",
the sound field program automatically switches to the appropriate decoding
• Choose a sound field program based on your listening preference, not on the name
of the program. The acoustics of your listening room affect the sound field
program. Minimize the sound reflections in your room to maximize the effect
created by the program.
• When you select an input source, the main unit automatically selects the last sound
field program used with that source.
• When you turn off the main unit, the current source and sound field program are
memorized and are automatically selected when you turn on the power again.
• When high rate 96kHz sampling 24 bit digital signals are output from source
equipment, the DSP sound field cannot operate on the source sounds. In this case,
the sounds are reproduced as normal 2-channel stereo.
The Bottom Line
Movie Theater 1
Movie Theater 2
• When you turn off the effect, no sound is reproduced from the Front Effect, Center,
Rear, and Rear Center speakers.
• If you turn off the effect while DTS or Dolby Digital signals are being reproduced, the
dynamic range of the signal is automatically compressed.
• The sound volume may be extremely reduced when you turn off the effect or if you
change SET MENU item 3B. D-RANGE to MIN. In this case turn on the effect.
/ DTS SURROUND