Programming a New Remote Control Function
If you desire to program functions not included in the basic operations covered by the manufacturer code, or a manufacturer code is not
available, the following procedure needs to be performed. The possible programming area is the same as a component control area, so
buttons are programmable independently for each source component area. It is also possible to program in the main unit control area.
(Refer to page 50 for details on component control area and main unit control area.)
5~10 cm (2 to 4 in.)
• If you do not press any button within 30 seconds, the learning process is canceled.
• This remote control transmits infrared rays. If the other remote control also uses infrared rays, this remote control can learn most of the other remote
control's functions. However, you may not be able to program some special signals or extremely long transmissions. (Refer to the operation instructions for
the other remote control.) When the memory is full, "FULL" appears in the display window, and this remote control cannot acquire any more functions.
Clear unnecessary programmed functions to allow the unit to acquire new functions.
• Even if the batteries in the other remote control have enough power to transmit signals for operation, they may not have enough power to transmit signals to
this remote control.
• When the remote controls are either too close together or too far apart, you may not be able to program this remote control.
• Direct sunlight interferes with infrared rays.
• "ERROR" appears in the display window in the following conditions: when pressing more than one button at once; and when MACRO ON/OFF is
switched to another position.
Remote Control Features
Place this remote control and the other remote control
about 5 to 10 cm (2 to 4 in.) apart on a flat surface so that
their infrared transmitters are aimed at each other.
Select a source component.
Press LEARN using a ball point pen or similar object.
Press and release the button where you want the new
function to be programmed.
Press and hold the button on the other remote control that
has the function you want to program into this remote
control until "OK" appears in the display window.
• "NG" appears in display window when programming is not
Repeat Steps 4 and 5 to program additional functions.
Press LEARN again to exit the Learn mode.