Adjust the output level of the Front Effect speakers while this unit is reproducing a DSP sound field program. If you do not use Front Effect
speakers, set the 1F. FRNT EFCT SP item in the SET MENU to "NONE" (see page 37), and the DSP Front Effect signals will be mixed with
the Main channel signals.
Speaker Output Levels
Press TEST repeatedly until "TEST DSP" appears on the video
monitor and front panel display.
Adjust VOLUME so you can hear the test tone.
• The test tone is produced alternately from the Front Effect speakers and Main
Adjust the output level of the Front Effect speakers using + and – so the
output level coming from the Front Effect speakers is the same as that
of the Main speakers.
• The test tone is automatically produced from the Front Effect speakers while
When you finish adjusting the output level of the Front Effect speakers,
press TEST repeatedly until the current DSP program appears.
• If you cannot hear the test tone, set VOLUME, turn off the power, and check the
• The test tone can be reproduced separately from the left and right Front Effect
• You cannot adjust the output level of the left and right Front Effect speakers separately.
• You can stop the test tone's alternation temporarily by pressing
• The tonal quality of the speakers can be adjusted using the 7. CENTER GEQ, 8. REAR
• If the sound volume of the Front Effect speakers is lower than that of the Main
speakers. The tone is produced for 2.5 seconds each time.
you are adjusting the level.
speaker cords and hookups.
speakers. This is useful when you want to check the hookups to these speakers.
to reproduce the test tone from the left speaker, and press
tone from the right speaker. (The OSD shows which speaker is reproducing the tone.)
CT GEQ, and 9. CINEMA EQ items in the SET MENU (see page 45~46).
speakers, even after you have increased the output level up to +10 dB, set the 1G.
MAIN LEVEL item in the SET MENU to "–10dB." Setting the 1G. MAIN LEVEL
item to "–10dB" decreases the Main speaker output level to about one-third of the
After you set the 1G. MAIN LEVEL item in the SET MENU to "–10dB," repeat the
TEST DOLBY SUR. procedure on the previous page.
to reproduce the