Service and Repair Safety
In Case of Fire
California Safe Drinking and Toxic
Service should only be performed by an authorized service technician who
has undergone training for this specific type of unit. This is a high-tech appli-
ance. Unauthorized service technicians may not be familiar with the sophisti-
cated workings of this appliance, and may therefore cause damage to the unit
or create a hazard. Contact the nearest authorized service center for exami-
nation, repair or adjustment.
Do not repair or replace any part of the range unless specifically recom-
mended by an authorized service technician.
Keep oven and ventilating hood free from grease build up. Clean frequently.
In the event that personal clothing or hair catches fire, drop and roll immedi-
ately to extinguish flames.
Do not use water or a wet rag or towel on a grease fire. Smother fire with bak-
ing soda or use a dry chemical or foam-type (ABC) extinguisher.
In the event of a grease fire, smother flames with a close-fitting lid, cookie
sheet, or other metal tray, then turn off the elements. Be careful to prevent
burns. If the flames do not go out immediately, evacuate and call the fire
Smother flames from other types of food fires with baking soda. Never use
water on cooking fires.
Never pick up a flaming pan. You may be burned.
If materials inside the oven should ignite, keep oven door closed. Turn off
oven and disconnect the circuit at the circuit breaker box.
Use an extinguisher only if:
You know you have a Class ABC extinguisher, and you already know how to
The fire is small and contained in the area where it started.
The fire department is being called.
You can fight the fire with your back to an exit.
The California Safe Drinking and Toxic Enforcement Act requires the Governor of
California to publish a list of substances known to the state to cause cancer, birth
defects or other reproductive harm, and requires businesses to warn customers of
potential exposure to such substances.
The burning of gas cooking fuel and the elimination of soil during self-cleaning can
generate small amounts of Carbon Monoxide.
The fiberglass insulation in self-clean ovens gives off very small amounts of form-
aldehyde during the first several cleaning cycles.
California lists formaldehyde as a potential cause of cancer. Carbon Monoxide is
a potential cause of reproductive toxicity.
Exposure to these substances can be minimized by:
1. Providing good ventilation when cooking with gas.
2. Providing good ventilation during / immediately after self cleaning the oven.
3. Operating the unit according to the instructions in this manual.