Refer to Safety Precautions on page 97.
• Check the side stand assembly is working properly. If the
side stand is stiff or squeaky, clean the pivot area and
lubricate the pivot boh with clean engine oil.
• Check the spring for damage or loss of tension.
• Check the side stand ignition cut-off system:
I. Sit astride the motorcycle and put the transmission in
2. Raise the side stand.
3. Start the engine.
4. Pulllhe clutch lever in.
5. Shift the transmission into gear.
6. Lower the side stand all the way.
The engine should stop as you lower the side stand. If the
engine doesn't stop, see your Honda dealer for service.