Refer to Safery Precautions on page 97.
keep your Honda looking
newer longer. Frequent cleaning also identifies you as an
owner who values his motorcycle. A clean motorcycle is also
easier to inspect and service.
• To clean your motorcycle, you may use:
a mild. neutral detergent and water
a mild spray and rinse cleaner/degreaser and water
• Avoid products that contain harsh detergents or chemical
solvents that could damage the metal, paint, and plastic on
• If your motorcycle is still wann from recent operation, give
the engine and exhaust system time to cool off.
• Park in a shady area Washing your motorcycle in bright
sunlight may cause the finish to fade because water droplets
intensify the sun's brightness. Spotting is also more likely
because surface water can
before you have time to wipe
• Clean your motorcycle regularly to protect sutface finishes.
• We recommend the use of a garden hose to wash your
motorcycle. High pressure washers (like those at
coin-operated car washes) can damage cenain
The audio system is designed to be weatherproof unless it is
sprayed directly with a hose.
High pressure water (or air) can damage certain parts of your
• After cleaning, inspect for damage, wear. and leaks (fuel, oil,
coolant. brake. and clutch fluid).