The PCIe card is not hot-pluggable. The system must be powered down to install this card.
1. Remove power from the system.
2. If installed, remove the cartridge.
3. Remove the access panel.
4. Using a Torx driver, remove the three black T-15 Torx screws.
5. Lift the PCIe riser cage using the finger hold positions in the riser cage.
6. Disconnect the power cable.
7. Disconnect the hard drive backplane cable and any other cables that connect to the PCIe cards.
8. Align the PCIe card to the PCIe slot on the side of the system, and then slide it in until it clicks in place.
Hardware options installation