Restoring the delivery state
You can restore the original factory software using the Restore function. The USB stick
contains the necessary images and tools for transferring the factory software to the hard
disk/SSD or memory card of your PC. The following options are available for restoring:
● Restore the entire hard disk/SSD or memory card with drive C: (system) and drive D:.
Use the "Restore entire hard disk" option.
● Restore drive C: only This allows you to retain any user data on drive D:. Use the
"Restore system partition only" option.
Data is deleted
When you select the "Restore entire hard disk" option, all data, user settings and
authorizations or license keys on the hard disk are lost. The hard disk is reset to the
delivery state with partitions "C:" and "D:".
If the "Restore system partition only" option is set, all files on drive C: (System) are deleted.
All data, user settings and existing authorizations or license keys on drive "C:" will be lost.
Drive "C:" on the hard drive is completely erased and reformatted, and the original software
is written to it.
Back up authorization or license key
● Check whether you can back up your authorization or license key from the drive and
perform this procedure if possible.
● If backup is not possible, please contact Customer Support. There you can obtain
information necessary for corresponding software authorization.
The "USB Boot" option has to be set to "Enabled" in the BIOS menu "Boot" so that the
device can boot from the USB stick.
1. Connect the USB stick to the device.
2. Restart the device.
3. Press <ESC> when the following BIOS message appears:
Press Esc for Boot Options
The BIOS selection menu is displayed when initialization is completed.
4. To boot from the USB stick, select the Boot Manager.
5. Select the USB stick in the Boot Manager and confirm the entry.
6. Select the Restore function and confirm the entry.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Operating Instructions, 11/2016, A5E35782395-AB
Maintaining and repairing the device
6.4 Installing the software