Installation of Windows 7
Specific information on using the Windows operating systems is available in the following
manual (not included in the scope of delivery): Microsoft Windows 7 - Technical Reference
(MS Press No. 5927).
● USB keyboard and monitor
● Supplied USB stick with Recovery function for the ordered operating system
The "USB Boot" option has to be set to "Enabled" in the BIOS menu "Boot" so that the
device can boot from the USB stick.
1. Connect the USB stick to the device.
2. Restart the device.
3. Press <ESC> when the following BIOS message appears:
Press Esc for Boot Options
The BIOS selection menu is displayed when initialization is completed.
4. To boot from the USB stick, select the Boot Manager.
5. Select the USB stick in the Boot Manager and confirm the entry.
6. Select the Recovery function and confirm the entry.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions.
After a few seconds, you will see the "Install Windows" installation program.
8. Now follow the instructions of the installation program "Install Windows". You will find
additional information in the operating system manual.
Operating Instructions, 11/2016, A5E35782395-AB
All data, user settings and existing authorizations or license keys on drive C: are deleted
during the installation of Windows 7.
• Back up all data.
• Check the data and time in the BIOS setup, "Main" menu and correct the displayed
time if necessary.
Maintaining and repairing the device
6.4 Installing the software