Install the processor socket cover onto the processor socket of the failed system board.
Clean the old thermal grease from the heatsink and the top of the processor with the alcohol swab. Allow
the alcohol to evaporate before continuing.
10. Apply all the grease to the top of the processor in the following pattern to ensure even distribution.
11. Install the heatsink.
12. Remove all mezzanine cards.
13. Install all DIMMs.
14. Install all DIMM baffles.
15. Install the internal USB drive.
16. Install the front panel/drive cage assembly.
17. Install all drives.
18. Install the drive blanks.
19. Install the access panel.
20. Install the compute module.
After you replace the system board, you must re-enter the compute module serial number and the product ID:
1. During the compute module startup sequence, press the F9 key to access UEFI System Utilities.
2. Select System Configuration > BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU) > Advanced Options >
Advanced System ROM Options > Serial Number, and then press the Enter key.
3. Enter the serial number and press the Enter key.
The following message appears:
The serial number should only be modified by qualified service personnel. This
value should always match the serial number located on the chassis.
4. To clear the warning, press the Enter key.
5. Enter the serial number and press the Enter key.
6. Select Product ID.
The following warning appears:
Removal and replacement procedures