3. VERTICAL AIR DEFLECTOR
4. AIR DISCHARGE
5. FRONT GRILLE
6. INLET GRILLE (Air Intake)
7. AIR FILTER
8. VENT CONTROL
THE SLEEVE AND THE REAR GRILLE
USING THE AIR CONDITIONER
reduce the risk of fire, electdc
shock, or injury to persons, read the important
SAFETY instructions section before operating this
To begin operating the air conditioner
installation, follow these steps:
1. Plug in the air conditioner. (To prevent electrical
hazards, do not use an extension cord or an
2. Set the TEMP control to the coolest setting.
3. Set the MODE control at the highest COOL level.
4. Adjust the louvers for comfortable air flow.
5. Once the room has cooled, adjust the TEMP and
MODE control to the setting you find most
NOTE : If the air conditioner is turned off, wait 3
minutes before restarting. This allows pressure
inside the compressor to equalize. Failure to wait 3
minutes before restarting may cause inefficient
If you move the TEMP control to a warmer, then
immediately back to a cooler setting, the unit will
shut off. Wait 3 minutes before restarting.
Refer to the AIR CONDITIONER
section for other settings.
The Vent Control allows the air conditioner to either
recirculate inside air (CLOSE) or exhaust air to the
outside (OPEN). (FIG. 28)
• The CLOSE position is used when maximum
cooling is desired. It may also be used for air
recirculatioo without cooling when the air
conditioner is set in the FAN position.
• The OPEN position removes stale air from the
room and exhausts it to the outside. Fresh air is
drawn into the room through your home's normal
• The OPEN or CLOSE position can be used with
any fan selection.
9. SLEEVE ASSEMBLY
(Including Aluminum Rear grille)
10. REAR GRILLE
(Aluminum Rear grille)
PULL OPEN / PUSH CLOSE