To achieve rearward slope for unit draining,
remove the backing from the 11
strips and attach them as shown below in Fig.
23. The higher portion of shim is to be placed
in front of the rib on the base of wall sleeve.
Remove the metal rear grille and replace it with
the plastic rear grille to improve unit energy
The plastic grille reduces the
amount of hot air discharge that recirculates
through the unit,
Plastic remr grille
• Air conditioners coveredin this manualposean
excessiveweighthazard.Twoor morepeople are
neededto moveandinstallthe unit.
To preventinjuryor strain,useproper l ifting and
• Whenhandling the air conditioner, b e carefulto avoid
cutsfrom sharpmetalfins on front and rearcoils.
• Makesureair conditioner doesnotfall during
• If unitdoesnotoperateafter installation check,to be
surethecircuitinterrupter hasnot beentripped.Refer
to theTroubleshooting guidefor resetprocedure.
Install the new unit into the wall sleeve
Assemble trim as described in Step 6,