This water heater does not have a pilot. It is equipped with an ignition device that automatically lights
1. Read the safety information in the installation manual or on the front of the water heater.
2. Turn off all electrical power to the unit.
3. Do not attempt to light the burner by hand.
4. Turn the gas control manual valve (external to the unit) clockwise to the off position.
5. Wait five minutes to clear out any gas. If the smell of gas remains, stop, and follow the instructions
on page 3 of owner's guide.
6. Turn the gas control manual valve counterclockwise to the on position.
7. Turn on electric power to the unit.
8. The unit will now operate whenever hot water is called for. If the unit will not operate, follow the
shutdown instructions and call a service technician.
1. Stop any water demand.
2. Turn off electric power.
3. Turn the gas control manual valve clockwise to the off position.
Should overheating occur, or the gas supply fail to shut off, turn off the gas control manual valve to the
05.9.26, 7:41 PM