FAST T CONTINUOUS FLOW WALL HUNG BALANCED FLUE HEATERS FOR NATURAL GAS AND LPG WH42 WH56 LWH42 LWH56 T H I S M A N U A L M U S T B E K E P T W I T H T H E A P P L I A N C E November 2005 Part No.
The attention of U.K. users is drawn to their responsibilities under the Health and Safety Regulations 1993. All installation and service on the Andrews Water Heater must be carried out by properly qualified personnel, and therefore no liability can be accepted for any damage or malfunction caused as a result of intervention by unauthorised personnel.
Installation Manual GAS WATER HEATER WH42, LWH42 (Internal) WH56, LWH56 (Internal) WARNING: If the information in this manual is not followed exactly, a fire or explosion may result causing property damage, personal injury or death. Potential dangers from accidents during installation and use are divided into the following three categories.
The following accessories are included with the unit. Included Accessories Check for any missing items before starting installation. Part Shape Part Shape Q’ty Q’ty Installation Manual Owner's Guide (this document) Drain hose Crescent clamp Tapping Screw Remote Controller The accessories listed below are not Optional Accessories included with the units, but may be necessary for installation.
Quick Connect Multi System Installation • The Quick Connect Multi System allows the installation of two units together utilizing only the Quick Connect Cord. The Quick Connect Cord is 2m. long. Install the two units 470mm-950mm apart at the center to ensure the cord will be able to reach between the units.
Before Installation Caution Check the Gas • Check that the rating plate indicates the correct type of gas. Check that the gas supply line is sized for 62.3 kW for this unit. Check the Power • The power supply required is 230V AC, at 50Hz.
The appliance must be installed in a Choosing Installation Site suitably ventilated room, in accordance with the regulatins in force. * Locate the appliance in an area where leakage from the unit or connections will not result in damage to the area adjacent to the appliance or to the lower floors of the structure. When such locations cannot be avoided, it is recommended that a suitable drain pan, adequately drained, be installed under the appliance.
Installation Clearances Caution Before installing, check for the following: The appliance must be installed in a suitably ventilated room, in accordance with the regulations in force. Install in accordance with relevant building and mechanical codes, as well as any local, state or national regulations.
Installation Securing to the wall • The weight of the device will be applied to the wall. If the strength of the wall is not suffi- cient, reinforcement must be done to prevent the transfer of vibration. • Do not drop or apply unnecessary force to the device when installing. Internal parts may be damaged and may become highly dangerous.
Flue Pipe Installation (Internal Installation Only) Flue Terminal Installation • Follow the installation instructions included with the flue terminal and which are reproduced at the end of this manual. This appliance must be the flue through the wall, not vertically to the roof. Flue Terminal Installation Precautions Note the following flue terminal installation requirements •...
Detailed recommendations for the flue installations are given in BS 5440:1:2000. The following notes are for general guidance only. Note: An adapter is always required on top of the heater. For the vertical flue set up, offset adapter will be supplied for the air intake. a) The flue system must be constructed using only Powermax approved components.
Installing Horizontal Extended Terminal Important: The flue terminal must be installed horizontally. 1. Mark the centre of the 152mm diameter hole and core drill. Note: If the wall is clad with a combustible material an additional 25mm wide area must be removed around liner.
• M&G HORIZONTAL FLUE TERMINAL ° bends Maximum length 7000 with 4 x 90 ° bend Maximum length 12000 with 1 x 90 Standard length Air and flue adapter AdjustIble plate Minimum length 750 Standard length cut to suit wall thickness 300 Minimum Service clearance •...
• If the flue terminal will be installed higher than • If possible, don’t install the flue pipe through any the water heater, make the vertical section di- enclosed areas.If necessary,consult ANDREWS rectly above the water heater as short as WATER HEATER for clearances.
• If the flue terminal will be installed higher than any enclosed areas. If necessary, consult the water heater,make the vertical section di- ANDREWS WATER HEATER for clearances. rectly above the water heater as short as • Install the flue terminal so that all exhaust is possible,and slope down to the terminal.
If a terminal guard is required, it must be positioned to provide minimum of 50 mm clearance from any part of the terminal and be central over the terminal. Description:Flue Outlet Guard Andrews Part Number:E105 Manufactured by:H.Docherty Limited Red Shute Hill Industrial Estate...
Gas Piping Follow the instructions from the gas supplier. The appliance and its individual shutoff valve must be disconnected from the gas supply piping system during any pressure testing of that system at test pressures in excess of 35 mbar. The Appliance must be isolated from the gas supply piping system by closing its individual manual shutoff valve during any pressure testing of the gas supply piping system at test pressures equal to or less than 35 mbar.
If the water heater is installed in a closed water supply system, such as one having a backflow preventer in the cold water supply line, means shall be provided to control thermal expansion. Contact ANDREWS WATER HEATERS TECHNICAL DEPARTMENT FOR ADVICE.
Consult a qualified electrician Electrical Wiring for the electrical work. Do not connect electrical power to the unit until all electrical wiring has been completed. i) "A means of disconnection from the supply mains having a contact separation in all poles must be pro- vided to allow for full disconnection".
Remote Controller • Applicable Model WH42, LWH42, WH56, LWH56 Remote controller Main RC-7508M The remote controller must be installed in accordance with the installation manual enclosed in the • package. Connecting Remote Controller Cord to Unit • Keep the remote controller cord away from the freeze prevention heaters in the unit.
The installer should test operate the unit, explain to Commissioning the customer how to use the unit, and give the owner this manual before leaving the installation NOTE: The appliance has been factory set and no adjustment is necessary. • Preparation ... (1) Ensure all lines are purged / flushed of debris prior to connection to appliance. (2) Open the shut off valve on the water supply, check that water passes through the valve and close the valve.
Lighting Instructions This water heater does not have a pilot. It is equipped with an ignition device that automatically lights the burner. 1. Read the safety information in the installation manual or on the front of the water heater. 2. Turn off all electrical power to the unit. 3.
Dimensions (unit: mm) WH42, LWH42, WH56, LWH56 (VIEW FROM TOP) GAS INLET (3/4) COLD WATER INLET (3/4") HOT WATER OUTLET (3/4) WIRING THROUGHWAYS AIR INLET FLUE COLLAR UPPER WALL MOUNT BRACKETS LOWER WALL MOUNT BRACKETS BOTTOM OF CASE BOTTOM OF CASE...
For Installers: Remote Controller Installation Manual Read this installation guide carefully before carrying out installation. Model Number: RC-7508M Note Do not connect power to the water heater before the remote controller has been properly installed. Included Accessories Part Shape Part Shape Q’ty Q’ty...
For Installers: Optional Accessories Guide Read this installation guide carefully before carrying out installation. 15-1. Flue Terminal Installation Manual FF-100-200 Model Numbers: FF-100-400 FF-100-700 Icons warning of risk level: Denotes content that may result in personal injury or Prohibited WARNING property damage if ignored.
15-1-2. Before Installation Caution Compatibility Check • Make sure that the flue terminal is compatible with the product it will be installed with. If an improper terminal is used, a fire hazard will be created. Choosing the Installation Site • Maintain the proper clearances to combustibles The heat and moisture from the water heater may cause corrosion of aluminum materials.
15-1-3. Installation Requirements Caution Flue Terminal Clearance Requirements Flue terminal installation precautions Note the following flue terminal installation Clearances from obstacles Clearances from combustibles requirements. 1) Do not install the flue terminal indoors Flue Terminal Flue Terminal Clearances from combustibles 2) Install the flue terminal with a downward slope sloping 300mm or...
* When drilling, take care not to damage electric 15-1-4. Flue Terminal Installation Procedure wiring, or gas or water piping in walls. 1) Determine the flue terminal installation Before installing the sleeve, adjust its length to fit location and make a 160 mm diameter hole. the wall thickness.
3) Adjusting the flue terminal length Make sure the flue terminal has been set to the appropriate length and the outlet is oriented properly to prevent combustion and operation problems. Note: If the flue terminal will be installed in The length of the flue terminal must be adjusted to fit with the wall thickness before orientations (2) or (3) from the table on the the installation is completed.
5) Connect the heater and the flue terminal using 100 diameter supply and exhaust pipes. Flue Terminal Intake pipe Make sure the connections are secure and take measures to prevent exhaust gas from leaking. Seal any connections that are not gas tight using a high temperature silicone sealant.
15-1-5. Installation Overview Exhaust pipe connection Flue Terminal Intake pipe connection Intake pipe connection Exhaust pipe connection Water heater Flue pipe installation precautions • Do not extend the flue pipe longer than the maximum limits as stated in the installation manual. The flue lengths longer than the stated maximum are dangerous and may cause a fire or explosion.
15-1-6. Dimensions After installation (Unit : mm) Wall thickness Min. projection: 75 (Max. projection: 105) (2) Wall flange (1) Sleeve (3) Flue Terminal 14.5 10.5 Dimension Table (mm) Model Numbers wall thickness FF-100-200 130 to 210 130 to 210 216 to 296 FF-100-400 210 to 370 210 to 370...
15-2. Flue Terminal Installation Manual FF-100A-200 Model Numbers: FF-100A-400 FF-100A-700 Icons warning of risk level: Denotes content that may result in personal injury or Prohibited WARNING property damage if ignored. This symbol warns of hazards which have the immediate poten- Be sure CAUTION tial to result in severe or lethal personal injury or fire.
15-2-2. Before Installation Caution Compatibility Check • Make sure that the flue terminal is compatible with the product it will be installed with. If an improper terminal is used, a fire hazard will be created. Choosing the Installation Site • Maintain the proper clearances to combustibles The heat and moisture from the water heater may cause corrosion of aluminum materials.
15-2-3. Installation Requirements Caution Flue Terminal Clearance Requirements Flue terminal installation precautions Note the following flue terminal installation Clearances from obstacles Clearances from combustibles requirements. 1) Do not install the flue terminal indoors Flue Terminal Flue Terminal Clearances from combustibles 2) Install the flue terminal with a downward slope sloping 300 mm or more...
* When drilling, take care not to damage electric 15-2-4. Flue Terminal Installation Procedure wiring, or gas or water piping in walls. 1) Determine the flue terminal installation location and make a 160 mm diameter hole in the wall for the sleeve and 7.2 mm diameter holes for the screws to hold the sleeve.
4) Adjusting the flue terminal length Combustion and operation problems my result if the flue terminal isn't set to the appropriate length. Remove this screw and slide The length of the flue terminal must be adjusted out the external cylinder. to fit the wall thickness before the installation is completed.
15-2-5. Dimensions (1) Sleeve After installation Wall thickness Min. projection: 75 (Max. projection: 105) (2) Flue Terminal External diameter: 102 External diameter: 102 (mm) Dimension Table Model Numbers wall thickness FF-100A-200 130 to 210 130 to 210 216 to 296 FF-100A-400 210 to 370 210 to 370...
Servicing Important Notes To ensure the continued efficient and safe operation of the boiler it is recommended that it is checked and serviced at regular intervals. The frequency of servicing will depend upon the particular installation and usage, but in general once a year should be enough. It is the Law that any servicing is carried out by a competent person.
(2) Remove the 2 locking screws of the transformer, then pull out. 2. Removing the electric board (1) Remove the locking screws at the top and bottom and ground screw, then pull board out. 3. Removing the manifold • Remove the electric board and fixing plate of the ground-fault circuit interrupter in advance.
(2) Remove the fasten terminal of the gas electromagnetic valve, then remove the 4 manifold locking screws. (3) Pull up and remove the manifold. 4. Removing the hot-water supply fan • Remove the electric board, manifold and intake gas pipe in advance. (1) Remove the 3 fan locking screws, then pull out.
(2) Pull out the fan motor. 5. Removing the gas electromagnetic valve block • Remove the electric board and manifold in advance. (1) Remove the gas electromagnetic valve locking screw. (2) Pull up the gas electromagnetic valve to the upper section and remove it. Page 42 05.9.26, 7:48 PM...
6. Removing the mixing tube block • Remove the electric board and connectors in advance. (1) Remove the locking screw of the intake water pipe and the locking quick fastener of water flow sensor set 3 of the heat exchanger, then pull out the intake water pipe.
(4) Pull up the mixing tube block to the upper section and remove it. 7. Removing the heat exchanger • Remove the electric board, manifold, mixing tube block and connectors in advance. (1) Remove the 3 locking screws at the bottom of the burner case.
External outfitting WH42AD,WH56AD Part Nos. Part Names Order Nos. Q'ty/unit WH56AD Front set-AS SKA7263 Front packing S AAPL015 Front packing L AAPL017 Lamp seal plate DECK008 Piping label EDMK004 Heat insulator CZVL002 Intake pipe ELEF001 Intake pipe packing EHK EHKL084 Exhaust box FF CZVF001 Exhaust joint packing DHN...
Combustion unit and gas route WH42AD,WH56AD For WH42AD 3P For WH56AD 3P Page 47 05.9.26, 7:48 PM...
Combustion unit and gas route WH42AD,WH56AD Part Nos. Part Names Order Nos. Q'ty/unit Combustion tube set EAC SET-V SBP7302 Flame rod DLK SET-V SBA7506 Plug packing(for N) DLK DLKL012 Ignition plug Q(N)SET-V SBA7504 Burner sensor DLK SET-V SBA7505 Plug fixing plate(for N) DLKC009 Suction air joint packing DHN DHNL002...
Electronic control unit WH42AD,WH56AD Page 52 05.9.26, 7:48 PM...
Electronic control unit WH42AD,WH56AD Part Nos. Part Names Order Nos. Q'ty/unit Relay case ELE SET-AS SHA7826 Harness AD ELEJ031 Lamp cable conduit CRPJ014 Relay case cover DEKA014 Mounting plate for terminal block DZTA006 Current leakage safety device 240 EJS EJSJ022 Neutral indication label ELEK068 Power supply cord ELE...
Remote controller and Attached set WH42AD,WH56AD Remote controller (RC-7508M) Attached set <Special part> Special part Special part no. Owner's Guide installation manual Page 54 05.9.26, 7:48 PM...
Remote controller and Attached set WH42AD,WH56AD Part Nos. Part Names Order Nos. Q'ty/unit RC-7508M Body AD(SE) QPA QPAJ013 M Dressed frame body AD(SE) QPAA013 Oar plug 6X25 6339000 Cross recessed flat-head screw M4X35 SHB6879 Cross recessed flat-head wood screw (All screw)4.1X20 SHC6365 GQ3211WZFF2AD packing set V SKA7265...
Specifications Specifications Item Specification Model Name WH42 LWH42 Type Installation Internal, Wall Hanging Air Supply/Exhaust Power Flue Direct Ignition Ignition Minimum Pressure for Maximum flow 2.0 bar Minimum Flow Rate 3.5 L/min. Dimensions 61.5 cm(Height) x 46.4 cm(Width) x 24 cm(Depth)
• Specifications may be changed without prior notice. • The capacity may differ slightly, depending on the water pressure, water supply, piping conditions, and water temperature. Specifications Specification Item Model Name WH56 LWH56 Type Installation Internal, Wall Hanging Air Supply/Exhaust Power Flue Ignition Direct Ignition...