• Signal terminals
The printer has a total of 36 1(0 signal tenninals (Fig. 26).
The relationship between the signal and the tenninals are
as shown below.
• Signal arrangement and description
(A) When a combination of host computer MZ-80B, interface card MZ-8BPSI, and signal cable MZ-
8BP4C is employed.
• Synchronization signal to read DATA I through
DATA 8. (Positive logic).
• These tenninals are signal lines to receive information
contained in the I st to 8th bits of data.
• Data request signal to infonn externally that the
printer is ready for data receiving after completion of
work related to the received data and code. (Negative
• This signal is output whenever BUSY signal changes
level to low level.
• BUSY signal becomes high level under the following
(a) When the printer is feeding and printing.
When the printer is in DESELECT mode.
(d) When the printer is receiving data.
(e) When the printer receives PRIME signal.
When the printer is in FAULT state.
- - - - - - -
• Becomes high level when the printer is in PE con-