Shift out (SO)
• When this code is received, data for tabulation pre-
viously set in RAM will be reorganized and stored in
• This functions both as line change instruction and as
• If no printing data exists prior to line feed, the paper
will be fed by only one line.
• Paper is fed to the tabulation position previously set
• This code also functions as a printing instruction.
• If no tabulation is set, the same operation as in Line
Feed will be carried out.
• When the horizontal tabulation code is received,
stored data will be printed and then paper is auto-
matically fed to the line predetermined by tabulation
• Automatic feeding is carried out to the form feed
position set in the memory.
• This code also functions as printing instruction.
• If the buffer already has printing data, automatic
feeding will be carried out after printing.
• Printing instruction code
• Whether to change lines after printing can be also
determined by the internal function switch.
• The carriage will not be shifted if there is no data
before this code is received.
However, if the internal function switch SW2-2 is
turned OFF, line feed will be carried out.
• This is an enlarged character instruction code.
• Printing characters after SO are received will be en-
larged until SI code is received. (Ordinary characters
cannot be resumed by changing lines.)
• SO code can be input in any place during printing.
• If ordinary characters and enlarged characters are
mixed on one line, the position where a certain en-
larged character falls on the l35th digit when con-
verted into ordinary characters will be regarded as the
end of the line.