3-1. POWER CORD
1) 4-wire connection
IMPORTANT: A 4-wire connection is
required for mobile
homes and where local
codes do not permit the
use of 3 wire connections.
1. 4-wire receptacle (NEMA type 14-30R)
2. 4-prong plug
3. Ground prong
4. Neutral prong
5. Spade terminals with upturned ends
6. 3/4 in. (1.9 cm) UL approved strain relief
7. Ring terminals
1. Remove center terminal block screw.
2. Remove appliance ground wire (green) from
external ground connector screw. Fasten it under
center, silver colored terminal block screw.
1. External ground connector - Dotted line shows
position of NEUTRAL ground wire before being
moved to center terminal block screw
2. Center silver-colored terminal block screw
3. Green wire of harness
3. Connect ground wire (green or bare) of power
supply cable to external ground conductor screw.
4. Connect neutral wire (white or center wire) of
power supply cord to the center, silver colored
terminal screw of the terminal block.
1. External ground connector
2. Green or bare copper wire of power supply cord
3. 3/4 in. (1.9 cm) UL-listed strain relief
4. Center silver-colored terminal block screw
5. Neutral grounding wire (green)
6. Neutral wire (white)
5. Connect the other wires to outer terminal block
screws. Tighten screws.
6. Tighten strain relief screws.
7. Insert tab of terminal block cover into slot of dryer
rear panel Secure cover with hold-down screw.