3-2. Connect Gas Supply Pipe (Gas Dryer ONLY)
For further assistance, refer to section on Gas Requirements.
1. Make certain your dryer is equipped for use with the
type of gas in your laundry room. Dryer is equipped
at the factory for Natural Gas with a 3/8" N.P.T. gas
2. Remove the shipping cap from the gas connection
at the rear of the dryer. Make sure you do not
damage the pipe thread when removing the cap.
1 New Stainless Steel Flexible Connector - Use
only if allowed by local codes (Use Design
A.G.A. Certified Connector)
2 1/8" N.P.T. Pipe Plug
(for checking inlet gas pressure)
3 Equipment Shut-Off Valve-Installed within 6'
(1.8 m) of dryer
3. Connect to gas supply pipe using a new flexible
stainless steel connector.
4. Tighten all connections securely. Turn on gas and
check all pipe connections (internal & external) for
gas leaks with a non-corrosive leak detection fluid.
5. For L.P. (Liquefied Petroleum) gas connection, refer
to section on Gas Requirements.
4 Black Iron Pipe
Shorter than 20' (6.1 m) - Use 3/8" pipe
Longer than 20' (6.1 m) - Use 1/2" pipe
5 3/8" N.P.T. Gas Connection