CLEANING AND CARE
Cleaning the Air Filter
1. Open the Intake Grille, and remove the air ¿ lter.
Lift up the air ¿ lter's handle, disconnect the two lower tabs, and pull out.
2. Remove dust with a vacuum cleaner or by washing.
After washing, allow to dry thoroughly in a shaded place.
3. Replace the Air Filter and close the Intake Grille.
1 Align the sides of the air ¿ lter with the panel, and push in fully, making sure the two lower tabs are returned properly to their
holes in the panel.
2 Close the Intake Grille.
(For purposes of example, the illustration shows the indoor unit without Intake Grille installed.)
● Dust can be cleaned from the air ¿ lter either with a vacuum cleaner, or by washing the ¿ lter in a solution of neutral detergent and
warm water. If you wash the ¿ lter, be sure to allow it to dry thoroughly in a shady place before reinstalling.
● If dust is allowed to accumulate on the air ¿ lter, airÀ ow will be reduced, lowering operating ef¿ ciency and increasing noise.
● During periods of normal use, the Air Filters should be cleaned every two weeks.
● Don't operate the air conditioner with being opened the intake grille.
● When used for extended periods, the indoor unit may accumulate dust inside, reducing its performance. We recommend that
the indoor unit be inspected regularly, in addition to your own cleaning and care. For more information, consult authorized
● When cleaning the indoor unit's body, do not use water hotter than 40 °C, harsh abrasive cleansers, or volatile agents like
benzene or thinner.
● Do not expose the indoor unit's body to liquid insecticides or hairsprays.
● When shutting down the indoor unit for one month or more, ¿ rst allow the fan mode to operate continuously for about one-half
day to allow internal parts to dry thoroughly.
● Before cleaning the unit, be sure to stop the unit.
● Turn off the electrical breaker.
● When removing or replacing the air ¿ lters, be sure not to touch the heat exchanger, as personal
injury may result.
Air ¿ lter (Right & Left)
Hooks (two places)
Hooks (two places)