1. Check that all parts are now installed. If there is an extra part,
go back through the steps to see which step was skipped.
2. Check that you have all of your tools.
3. Dispose of/recycle all packaging materials.
4. Check the dryer's final location. Be sure the vent is not
crushed or kinked.
5. Check that the dryer is level. See "Level Dryer."
Plug into a grounded
3 prong outlet.
Do not remove ground prong.
Do not use an adapter.
Do not use an extension
Failure to follow
these instructions can result in death,
fire, or electrical
Remove any protective film or tape remaining on the dryer.
NOTE: Glass door models have a protective film on the
window that should be removed.
Read "Dryer Use."
Wipe the dryer drum interior thoroughly with a damp cloth to
remove any dust.
Test dryer operation by selecting a Timed Dry heated cycle
and starting the dryer. For this test, do not select the Air Only
If the dryer will not start, check the following:
Dryer is plugged into a grounded 3 prong outlet.
Electrical supply is connected.
Household fuse is intact and tight, or circuit breaker has
Dryer door is closed.
When the dryer has been running for 5 minutes, open the
dryer door and feel for heat. If you feel heat, cancel cycle and
close door. If you do not feel heat, turn off the dryer and
check that the gas supply line shutoff valve is open.
If the gas supply line shutoff valve is closed, open it, then
repeat the 5-minute test as outlined above.
If the gas supply line shutoff valve is open, contact a
6. Plug into a grounded 3 prong outlet. Turn on power.