Removing the System Board
1. Turn off the system, disconnect all external cables, and remove the system access panel.
Disconnect all devices attached to the system. Place the system on its side.
2. Disconnect the system board connectors (page 3-4) and remove all components except the
Power supply and all power cables connected to system board
Airflow guide and memory fan
Hard drive fan
Accessory and graphics cards
NOTE: Disconnect IDE and SCSI cables from the system board. Leave them attached to the
hard drives and optical drives.
3. Pull up on the lever on the optical drive cage (see figure on page 3-17, 4) and slide the
optical drives forward until the rear edge of the drives is aligned with the rear edge of the
4. Depress the lever on the edge of the system board to release it from the chassis 1.
5. Slide the system board toward the front of the system 2.
6. Lift up the edge of the system board and lift it out of the chassis
Removing the system board
Technical Reference Guide
Installing or Replacing Parts