Installing or Replacing Parts
Replacing the Processor or Installing an Additional Processor
To replace an existing processor or install a new one in the HP workstation c8000, follow these
Read Cautions and Warnings
For your safety, you must read the "Important Safety Warnings" at the beginning of this guide
and the "Tools and Safety" section at the beginning of this chapter before proceeding.
Remove the System Access Panel
1. Turn off the system and disconnect the power cable.
2. Place the unit on its side with the pedestal hanging over the edge of a table.
3. Remove the access panel (page 3-8).
Remove the Airflow Guide
1. Unplug the memory fan connector from the system board 1.
2. Grasp the airflow guide 2 and lift it out of the system 3.
Removing the airflow guide and fan
Remove the Power Supply
Follow the steps in "Removing the Power Supply" on page 3-25 to remove the power supply.
Technical Reference Guide