Removing the System Board Battery
1. Turn off the system, disconnect all cables, and remove the system access panel.
2. Carefully pull the retainer clip away from the battery. Then rotate and lift 1 the battery out of
CAUTION: Lift the battery just high enough to clear its holder. Too much stress on the retainer clip can
Removing the system battery
Replacing the System Board Battery
1. Slide the battery into the battery holder. The negative side should be facing out. Look at the
above image for correct battery orientation.
2. Replace the system access panel and reconnect all cables.
3. To verify that the battery has been installed correctly, check the time and date settings using
You may need to reset the system time and date. Once you have set the time, turn the system
off, unplug the power cord, and wait for a minute before turning it back on. Execute the
time command again. If the time and date are now correct, you have installed the battery
Technical Reference Guide
Installing or Replacing Parts