How to configure the IP Communicator using the Web Browser.
Note: The web browser configuration is only required when connecting to the SDI or Option bus (see table
1 (pg5) for details). B-Series or GV4 panels normally connect the IP communicator to the SDI-2 bus and
use panel programming to configure.
Note: When having trouble connecting to the Web Browser it may be necessary to change the web
browser configuration so that it does not use a proxy server. Refer to the browser's online help for
instructions on disabling proxy service.
1. Set the address switch correctly for the panel type as described in table 1.
2. Connect the IP Communicator to the panel SDI bus using either the 4-pin molex connector or a 4-conductor wire
landed on terminals 29-32.
3. Open an internet browser (Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher, or Mozilla Firefox 3 or higher) and connect to the IP
communicator using the default IP address: 169.254.1.1 (or a previously configured IP address) and press [Enter].
The B426's Login page opens (figure 4).
Figure 4 B426 Login Page
4. Enter the password (default: B42V2) and click Login. The Device Information home page opens. Check for current
firmware version (figure 5). The firmware download is located at;
Catalog>Intrusion Alarm Systems>Conettix Communicators.
5. Browse to the desired page and configure following the steps described in the following pages. Select OK on each
page after entering changes. Changes are not saved if OK isn't selected.
Note: When the IP Communicator is not default and has an IP address configured, the Web and Automation Security
setting must be adhered to for successful connection.
Web and Automation Security Enabled, use: https:// [B426 IP address]
Web and Automation Security Disabled, use: http:// [B426 IP address]
Figure 5 Home Page