Program Setting: 6 (Gluten Free)
Gluten FRee BReAD, -lb. loaf
2¼ cups water (80 to 90ºF)
4 large eggs, at room temperature
cup canola oil
1½ tsp. cider vinegar
3 cups white rice flour
1 cup dry skim milk powder
2 tsp. salt
¾ cup potato starch
¾ cup tapioca flour
½ cup cornstarch
4½ tbsp. sugar
1½ tbsp. xanthan gum
3¼ tsp. bread machine yeast
1. Measure ingredients into baking pan in the order listed, making sure yeast
does not touch the liquid.
2. Insert bread pan securely into unit; close lid. Plug unit into electrical outlet
3. Select Gluten Free setting, appropriate loaf size (3-lb.) and desired color.
4. Push Start/Stop (I/o) button.
5. The complete signal will sound when bread is done.
6. Using pot holders, remove bread pan from the unit and carefully remove bread
from pan. (Kneading paddles may remain in bread. Remove paddles when
bread has cooled.)
7. Allow bread to cool on wire rack until ready to serve (at least 20 minutes).
Program Setting: 7 (quick Bread)
clASSic DAte nut BReAD
1 cup boiling water
1 cup chopped dates
1 tsp. baking soda
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1¾ cups unsifted all-purpose flour
¾ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
¼ cup softened unsalted butter or margarine
1½ tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Pour boiling water over dates in small bowl. Add baking soda. let stand at
room temperature for 20 minutes.
2. Transfer date mixture to bread pan. Measure remaining ingredients, except
walnuts into bread pan in the order listed.
3. Insert bread pan securely into unit; close lid. Plug unit into wall outlet.
4. Select the Quick Bread setting.
5. Press Start/Stop (I/o) button.
6. At "Add ingredient" beep, add walnuts.
7. The complete signal will sound when the bread is done.
8. Using pot holders, remove bread pan from the unit and place on wire
rack. Allow bread to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Carefully turn bread out of
bread pan and turn right side up. (Kneading paddles may remain in bread.
Remove paddles when bread has cooled.)
9. Allow bread to cool on wire rack until ready to serve (at least 20 minutes).