Should any problem persist after you have made those checks,
consult your nearest Sony dealer. If "C: ππ: ππ" appears on the
LCD screen, the self-diagnosis function has worked. See page 44.
The camera does not
You cannot record
The picture is noisy.
The picture is too dark.
The flash does not work.
Incorrect date and time
Vertical streaks appear
when shooting a very
Cause and/or Solution
• The camera does not operate when using a
battery pack that is not an "InfoLITHIUM"
n Use an "InfoLITHIUM" battery pack.
• The floppy disk is not installed properly.
n Remove the disk and reinstall it. (p. 8)
• PLAY/STILL/MOVIE is not set to STILL or
n Set it to STILL or MOVIE. (p. 17, 18)
• No floppy disk has been installed.
n Install a formatted floppy disk.
• The tab on the disk is set to the non-recording
n Set it to the recording position. (p. 8)
• The camera is placed near a TV or other
equipment that uses strong magnets.
n Place the camera away from the TV, etc.
• You are shooting a subject with the light source
behind the subject or light is insufficient.
n Adjust brightness of the image. (p. 11)
• The LCD screen adjustment is too dark.
n Adjust brightness. (p. 9)
• The no flash mode is set.
n Set it to the Auto or Forced-flash mode. (p. 11)
• The flash is not lifted up.
n Slide OPEN (FLASH). (p. 9)
• The date and time are not set.
n Set the date and time. (p. 14)
• The smear phenomenon.
n The camera is not malfunctioning.