Cleaning the LCD screen
Wipe the screen surface with a LCD cleaning kit (not supplied) to
remove fingerprints, dust, etc.
Cleaning the camera surface
Clean the camera surface with a soft cloth slightly moistened with
water. Do not use any type of solvent such as alcohol or benzene as
it may mar the finish of the casing.
Using the camera on a sandy beach or in a dusty place
Do not let sand get into the camera. Sand or dust may cause the unit
to malfunction, and sometimes this malfunction cannot be repaired.
Concerning floppy disks
To protect data recorded on floppy disk, note the following:
• Avoid storing floppy disks near magnets or magnetic fields such
as those of speakers and televisions, permanent erasure of disk
data may result.
• Avoid storing floppy disks in areas subject to direct sunlight or
sources of high temperature, such as a heating device. Floppy disk
warping or damage may result, rendering the disk useless.
• Avoid contact with the disk's surface by opening the disk shutter
plate. If the disk's surface becomes blemished, data may be
• Avoid getting liquids on the floppy disk.
• Be sure to use a floppy disk case to ensure protection of important
• Use a 2HD or 2DD type disk head cleaner when cleaning the disk
•Even when you use a 3.5 inch 2HD floppy disk, image data may
not be recorded and/or displayed depending on the using
environment. In this case, use other brand disks.