Adjusting the white balance
/ See page 48
Press WHITE BALANCE repeatedly to select the
desired white balance mode.
Setting the ∑ (One-push white balance) button
Press WHITE BALANCE repeatedly to select ∑.
Attach the supplied white lens cap and point the
camera at a subject.
The ∑ indicator starts to flash quickly.
Once the white balance is set, the indicator stops flashing.
• The ∑ indicator means:
Slowly flashing: white balance has not been set.
Quickly flashing: white balance is being adjusted (after you pressed ∑).
Lit steady: white balance has been set.
• If the ∑ indicator keeps flashing even when you press ∑, record in
automatic white balance mode.
• When you record with the studio-lighting, use e (indoor) mode.
• When you record under fluorescent lighting, use the automatic white
• If the lithium battery is installed, the setting is saved for about one hour if
you remove the power source.
• When you record with the flash, use the automatic white balance mode.
Automatic white balance (AWB) mode
One-push white balance mode