22 | Heat Recovery Package (HRP) Setup
HEAT RECOVERY PACKAGE (HRP) SETUP
Water Tank Preparation
1. Turn off electrical or fuel supply to the water
2. Attach garden hose to water tank drain
connection and run other end of hose out
doors or to an open drain.
3. Close cold water inlet valve to water heater
4. Drain tank by opening drain valve on the
bottom of the tank, then open pressure relief
valve or hot water faucet.
5. Once drained the tank should be flushed with
cold water until the water leaving the drain
hose is clear and free of sediment.
6. Close all valves and remove the drain hose.
Fig. 52 HR Water Piping
7. Install HR water piping.
Concentric water fitting (p/n 8733907779) is
HRP Water Piping
All hot water piping MUST be a minimum of 3/8"
O.D. copper tubing to a maximum distance of 15
feet. For distances beyond 15 feet but not
exceeding 60 feet use 1/2" copper tube.
Separately insulate all exposed surface of both
connecting water lines with 3/8" wall closed cell
insulation. Install isolation valves on supply and
return to the heat recovery. (See Fig. 52 below.)
NOTE: This diagram is for illustration purposes only.
Ensure access to Heat Pump is not restricted.
Subject to change without prior notice
Greensource CDi Series SM
Greensource CDi Series SM Model