15. ELECTROLUX / AEG MAJOR APPLIANCES - WARRANTY CONDITIONS..29 FOR PERFECT RESULTS Thank you for choosing this AEG product. We have created it to give you impeccable performance for many years, with innovative technologies that help make life simpler features you might not find on ordinary appliances. Please spend a few minutes reading to get the very best from it.
ENGLISH SAFETY INFORMATION Before the installation and use of the appliance, carefully read the supplied instructions. The manufacturer is not responsible for any injuries or damages that are the result of incorrect installation or usage. Always keep the instructions in a safe and accessible location for future reference.
Do not operate the appliance by means of an external • timer or separate remote-control system. WARNING: Unattended cooking on a hob with fat or • oil can be dangerous and may result in fire. NEVER try to extinguish a fire with water, but switch •...
ENGLISH side walls. Install the shelf supports in the opposite sequence. WARNING: Use only hob guards designed by the • manufacturer of the cooking appliance or indicated by the manufacturer of the appliance in the instructions for use as suitable or hob guards incorporated in the appliance.
• The electrical installation must have required if you wish to make a an isolation device which lets you guarantee claim. disconnect the appliance from the • Important information for the mains at all poles. The isolation installer.This appliance may only be...
ENGLISH • Used oil, that can contain food • Use only stable cookware with the remnants, can cause fire at a lower correct shape and diameter larger temperature than oil used for the first than the dimensions of the burners. time.
• Make sure the appliance is cold. WARNING! There is the risk that the glass panels Risk of electrical shock. can break. • Replace immediately the door glass • Before replacing the lamp, disconnect panels when they are damaged.
ENGLISH 3. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION 3.1 General overview Knob for the Minute Minder Knob for the temperature Knob for the oven functions Knobs for the hob Heating element Lamp Turnspit hole Shelf positions 3.2 Cooking surface layout Auxiliary burner Semi-rapid burner Semi-rapid burner Rapid burner 3.3 Accessories...
4. BEFORE FIRST USE 1. Set the function and the WARNING! maximum temperature. Refer to Safety chapters. 2. Let the appliance operate for 1 hour. 4.1 Initial Cleaning 3. Set the function and set the maximum temperature. Remove all accessories and removable 4.
ENGLISH A. Burner cap If after some tries the burner B. Burner crown does not light, check if the C. Ignition candle crown and its cap are in the D. Thermocouple (if applicable) correct position. 5.3 Turning the burner off If the burner accidentally goes out, turn the knob to To put the flame out, turn the knob to...
6.2 Diameters of cookware Burner Diameter of cook- WARNING! ware (mm) Use cookware with diameters applicable to the Auxiliary 120 - 180 size of burners. 6.3 Energy saving Burner Diameter of cook- • If it is possible, always put the lids on ware (mm) the cookware.
ENGLISH 8. OVEN - DAILY USE 1. Turn the knob for the oven functions WARNING! to select an oven function. Refer to Safety chapters. 2. Turn the knob for the temperature to select a temperature. 8.1 Activating and 3. To deactivate the appliance turn the deactivating the appliance knobs for the oven functions and temperature to the off position.
9. OVEN - CLOCK FUNCTIONS 9.1 Minute Minder 2. Turn the knob for the timer as far as it goes, then turn it to necessary time This function has no effect period. on the operation of the After the time period is completed, an appliance.
ENGLISH 6. Use the screws to tighten the forks. The support hook is installed 7. Put the tip of the spit into the in the top of the oven cavity. turnspit hole. You can leave the support Refer to "Product description" hook in the oven, when the chapter.
It decreases the minutes before the end of the baking cooking time and energy time and then use the residual heat. consumption to a minimum. When you cook frozen food, the trays in • Moisture can condense in the the oven can twist during baking.
ENGLISH Food Quantity Oven function Temper- Time Shelf po- (kg) ature (min) sition (°C) Cannelloni 1.5 - 2.5 True Fan Cooking 50 - 55 Potato gra- 1.5 - 2.5 True Fan Cooking 65 - 70 Macaroni 1.5 - 2.5 True Fan Cooking 40 - 50 oven Kebab Hala 1.5 - 2.5...
Food Quantity Oven function Temper- Time Shelf po- (kg) ature (°C) (min) sition Trout 0.5 - 1.0 True Fan Cooking 25 - 30 Dorada in 0.3 - 0.5 Light Cooking 190 - 210 50 - 60 salt Sea bream 0.3 - 0.5...
ENGLISH Food Quantity Oven function Tempera- Time Shelf po- (kg) ture (°C) (min) sition Choco muf- 0.3 - 0.5 Light Cooking 150 - 170 35 - 50 fins Apple crum- 0.7 - 1.0 Light Cooking 160 - 170 45 - 55 Amaretti 0.3 - 0.5 Light Cooking...
12.4 Catalytic cleaning • Clean all accessories after each use and let them dry. Use a soft cloth with warm water and a cleaning agent. CAUTION! • If you have nonstick accessories, do Do not clean the catalytic not clean them using aggressive...
ENGLISH Do not lose the screws. 1. Open the door fully and hold the two door hinges. 4. Put the door on a soft cloth on a stable surface. 5. Use a screwdriver to remove 2 screws from bottom edge of door. 2.
When the cleaning is completed, install WARNING! the glass panels and the oven door. To Danger of electrocution! install the oven door, do the above steps Disconnect the fuse before in the opposite sequence. you replace the lamp. The lamp and the lamp glass cover can be hot.
ENGLISH Problem Possible cause Remedy The flame extinguishes im- Thermocouple is not heated After lightning the flame, mediately after ignition. up sufficiently. keep the spark generator ac- tivated for equal or less than 10 seconds The flame ring is uneven. Burner crown is blocked with Make sure that the injector is food residues.
14. INSTALLATION WARNING! Dimension Refer to Safety chapters. 14.1 Location of the appliance You can install your freestanding appliance with cabinets on one or two 14.2 Technical data sides and in the corner. For minimal distances for fitting check...
ENGLISH BURNER NORMAL POWER REDUCED POWER kW INJECTOR MARK 1/100 mm Semi-rapid 0.45 Auxiliary 0.35 14.6 Gas burners for LPG G30 2.8-3.0 kPa BURNER NORMAL POWER REDUCED POWER kW INJECTOR MARK 1/100 mm Rapid 0.72 Semi-rapid 0.43 Auxiliary 0.35 14.7 Gas connection •...
14.9 Adjustment to different 2. Remove the caps and crowns of the burner. types of gas 3. Remove the injectors with a socket spanner 7. WARNING! 4. Replace injectors with the ones Let only an authorized necessary for the type of gas you use.
ENGLISH Changing from natural gas to liquid gas 1. Fully tighten the bypass screw. 2. Put the knob back. Changing from liquid gas to natural gas 1. Unscrew approximately one turn the bypass screw position A. 2. Put the knob for the hob back. 3.
To install all the accessories, do the first step in an opposite sequence. 14.13 Backguard Fix backguard B on the side holes C from hob using a cross screwdriver and the screws A.
Connection to the mains 1. Fit the power cable with a standardized plug suitable for the load indicated on the data label. 15. ELECTROLUX / AEG MAJOR APPLIANCES - WARRANTY CONDITIONS For domestic use only. Africa if installed by an authorized Electrolux service Not for commercial or industrial use.
8. Repairs carried out under warranty installations, and improper use of have a guarantee period of 3 (three) controls or failure to use the months on the parts and labour appliance in accordance with the...
• Model and serial number of the appliance • Clear and concise details of the fault Customer Care For general enquiries or information regarding Electrolux / AEG appliances contact: Customer Care Department Electrolux South Africa (Pty) Ltd. P.O. Box 50 Paarden Eiland, 7420...