Important Safety Instructions
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons when using
your product, basic safety precautions should be followed, including the
• Make sure the appliance is properly installed, grounded, and adjusted by qualified
service personnel according to the installation instructions.
• Never attempt to operate the appliance if it is damaged, malfunctioning, partially
disassembled, or has missing or broken parts, including a damaged cord or plug. It
can cause electric shock or injury.
• The appliance is heavy. Two or more people may be needed to install and move
the appliance. Failure to do so can result in injury.
• Store and install the appliance where it will not be exposed to temperatures below
freezing or exposed to outdoor weather conditions. Failure to do so can result in
• Tighten the drain hose to avoid separation. Splashing of water may cause electric
• If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer or its
service agents or similarly qualified person in order to avoid a hazard.
• The appliance must not be installed behind a lockable door, a sliding door or a
door with a hinge on the opposite side to that of the appliance, in such a way that
a full opening of the appliance door is restricted.
• Do not use a sharp object like drill or pin to press or separate an operation unit. It
can cause the electric shock or injury.
• Only an authorized repair person from LG Electronics service centre should
disassemble, repair, or modify the appliance. Improper service may cause injury,
electric shock or fire.
• Do not spray the water inside or outside the appliance to clean it. Water can
damage the insulation, causing electric shock or fire.
• Keep the area underneath and around the appliance free of combustible materials
such as lint, paper, rags, chemicals, etc. Improper use can cause fire or explosion.
• Do not put living animals, such as pets into the appliance. It may cause injury.
• Do not leave the appliance door open. Children may hang on the door or crawl
inside the appliance, causing damage or injury.