C80 Series Maintenance Manual
3 Maintenance of the Drive Unit
3Maintenance of the Drive Unit
1. Before starting maintenance or inspections, turn the main circuit power and control power both OFF. Wait at least
fifteen minutes until the CHARGE lamp turns OFF, and then confirm that the input and output voltage are zero
using a tester, etc. Failure to observe this could lead to electric shocks.
2. Inspections must be carried out by a qualified technician. Failure to observe this could lead to electric shocks.
Contact your nearest Mitsubishi branch or dealer for repairs and part replacement.
1. Never perform a megger test (measure the insulation resistance) of the drive unit. Failure to observe this could
lead to faults.
2. The user must never disassemble or modify this product.
3.1 Periodic Inspections
The following periodic inspections are recommended to be done.
(1) Check that any of the screws on the terminal block is not loose. When there is a loose screw, tighten it.
(2) Check that any abnormal noise is not heard from the servo motor bearings or brake section.
(3) Check that any of the cables is not damaged or cracked. Inspect the cables periodically according to the working con-
dition, especially when the cables move along with the machine.
(4) Check the load coupling shaft for misalignment.