Take note of the following warnings when added custom paper other than Canon genuine paper and feed confirmed paper to
the printer driver and the printer itself.
About the Cutter
• Depending on the paper, there are types that cannot be cut by the cutter unit, and types that speed deterioration of the
blade and cause damage to the cutter. For thick paper, hard paper, etc. do not use the cutter unit, and instead cut the roll
paper using scissors, etc. after printing. In this case, select User Cut as the Automatic Cutting Settings in the Roll
Paper Settings dialog box.
• If the cutter is damaged, contact your Canon dealer for assistance.
• Refer to "Specifying the Cutting Method for Rolls" for details on the methods for cutting roll paper. (See
"Specifying the Cutting Method for Rolls.")
About the Printhead
• If the printhead rubs against the paper during printing, this may cause damage to the printhead. If the printhead is rub-
bing against the paper, configure the Vacuum Strength in the Step 5: Configure the amount of ink used dialog box
• For paper-based media such as Heavyweight Coated Paper: Set to Strong or Strongest
• For film-based media such as CAD Tracing Paper: Set to Standard, Strong, or Strongest
• For thin paper of thickness 0.1mm or less: Set to Weakest
• If the printhead still rubs even after changing the Vacuum Strength, set the Head Height to be higher in the
Step 5: Configure the amount of ink used dialog box.
• Refer to "Paper rubs against the Printhead" for details on how to handle the printhead rubbing against the
paper. (See "Paper rubs against the printhead.")
About Borderless Printing
• When performing borderless printing on paper where the ink does not dry well, the cutter unit may leave scratches
where it touches the printed surface, or may not cut correctly. In this kind of situation, configure the amount of time to
wait for the ink to dry after printing using Drying Time in the Roll Paper Settings dialog box.
Alternatively, if the paper cannot be cut well by the cutter, set the Automatic Cutting Settings to User Cut in the Roll
Paper Settings dialog box, and cut the roll paper using scissors, etc.
About the Print Quality
• If the edges of images are blurry, set the Vacuum Strength to be weaker in the Step 5: Configure the amount of ink
used dialog box.
• If lines are warped or scratched, set the Head Height to be lower in the Step 5: Configure the amount of ink used
• If the amount of ink used is too much, wrinkles may appear and the ink may bleed in the printed material. Furthermore,
if the amount of ink used is too little, color production may be poor and lines may become scratched. In this kind of
situation, change the amount of ink used in the Step 5: Configure the amount of ink used dialog box.
Downloaded from ManualsPrinter.com Manuals
Media Configuration Tool