Thank you for buying the SL25 steam station, the new
steam-ironing system from Siemens.
Carefully read through the operating instructions for the
appliance and safeguard them for future reference.
These instructions for use contain valuable information about
the unique features of this system and some hints to make
ironing easier for you.
This powerful system produces non-stop steam for an ideal
ironing performance. It has a large detachable water tank that
can be reﬁlled at any time without switching off the system.
We hope that you enjoy ironing with this steam station.
Open out the ﬁrst page of the booklet, this will help you to
understand how the appliance works.
This appliance complies with international safety standards.
This appliance has been designed exclusively for domestic
use and must not be used for industrial purposes.
This appliance must only be used only for the purposes for
which it was designed, i.e. as an iron. Any other use will
be considered improper and consequently dangerous. The
manufacturer will not be held responsible for any damage
arising from misuse or improper use.
General safety instructions
• This appliance is to be connected and used in accordance
with the information stated on its characteristics plate.
• This appliance must be connected to an earthed socket. If
it is absolutely necessary to use an extension cable, make
sure that it is suitable for 16A and has a socket with an
• The iron should not be used if it has been dropped, if there
are visible signs of damage or if it is leaking water. It must
be checked by an authorized Technical Service Centre
before it can be used again.
• If the safety fuse ﬁtted in the appliance blows, the appliance
will be rendered inoperative. To restore normal operation
the appliance will have to be taken to an authorised
Technical Service Centre.
• In order to avoid that, under unfavourable mains conditions,
phenomena like transient voltage drops or lighting
ﬂuctuations can happen, it is recommended that the iron
is connected to a power supply system with a maximum
impedance of 0.27 Ω. If necessary, the user can ask the
public power supply company for the system impedance at
the interface point.
• This appliance is not intended to be used by persons
(including children) with reduced physical, sensory or
mental capacities, or lack of experience and knowledge,
unless they have been given supervision or instruction
concerning the use of the appliance by a person
responsible for their safety.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not
play with the appliance.
• Remove the plug from the socket before ﬁlling the
appliance with water or before pouring out the remaining
water after use.
• The appliance must never be placed directly under the tap
to ﬁll the water tank.
• The appliance must be used and placed on a stable
• When placed on its stand, make sure that the surface on
which the stand is placed is stable.
• The iron must not be left unattended while it is connected
to the supply mains.
• Unplug the appliance from the mains supply after each
use, or if a fault is suspected.
• The electrical plug must not be removed from the socket
by pulling the cable.
• Never immerse the iron or steam tank in water or any other
• Do not leave the appliance exposed to weather conditions
(rain, sun, frost, etc.).
• With the aim of avoiding dangerous situations, any work
or repair that the appliance may need, e.g. replacing a
faulty mains cable, must only be carried out by qualiﬁed
personnel from an Authorised Technical Service Centre.
• This appliance reaches high temperatures and produces
steam during use, this could cause scalds or burns in case
of improper use.
• The steam hose, base station and in particular the iron can
get hot when used.
• Never aim the steam at people or animals.
• Do not allow the power cable to come into contact with the
soleplate when it is hot.
• Be aware that the system can keep on steaming a short
additional time after releasing the steam trigger. This is a
1. Removable water tank
2. Removable iron pad
3. "Water empty" / "Clean warning" pilot light
4. Variable steam control*
5. Steam hose
6. Illuminated main power 0/I button
7. "Steam ready" / "Auto shut-off" pilot light
8. Housing with internal steam generator
9. Mains plug
10. Temperature dial
11. Iron´s steam release button
12. Iron pilot light
14. Cord clip*
* Model dependent
1. Remove any label or protective covering from the
2. Place the appliance horizontally on a solid, stable surface.
You may remove the iron pad from the appliance and place
the iron on it on another solid, stable, horizontal surface.
3. Remove the detachable water tank (1) and ﬁll it, making
sure not to pass the level mark.
4. Fit the water tank back onto the steam tank.
5. Unwind the mains cable fully and plug it into an earthed
6. Set the main power (6) button to the "I" position.