Cleaning & Maintenance
Always unplug the appliance from the mains supply
before carrying out any cleaning or maintenance
operation on it.
1. After ironing, pull out the plug and allow the appliance to
cool down before cleaning.
2. Wipe the housing, handle and iron body with a damp
3. If the soleplate is soiled with dirt or scale, clean it with a
4. Never use abrasive products or solvents.
Storing the appliance (D)
1. Always allow the appliance to cool down before storing it.
2. Set the main power to the "0" position and disconnect the
3. Place the iron on the iron pad, standing on the soleplate.
4. Empty the water tank and store the mains cable on the
cord rewind facility. Tidy the steam hose on the handle of
the iron using the cord clip provided (14*). Do not wrap the
cords too tight.
* Depending on the model.
Fabric protection soleplate
(depending on the model)
The fabric-protection soleplate cover is used for steam-
ironing delicate garments at maximum temperature without
damaging them. Use of the soleplate cover also does away
with the need for a cloth to prevent shine on dark materials.
It is advisable to ﬁrst iron a small section on the inside of the
garment to see if it is suitable.
To attach the soleplate cover to the iron, place the tip of the
iron into the end of the soleplate cover and pull the elastic
strap over the lower rear of the iron until it ﬁts tightly. To
release the soleplate cover, pull the elastic strap and remove
The fabric-protection soleplate cover may be purchased from
the customer service or specialist shops:
* Cork handle iron
** Only for model TS25430
"Calc'n clean" (F)
Cleaning the Boiler
To extend the life of your steam generator and to avoid any
build up of scale, it is essential that you rinse out the boiler
after several hours of use (approximately after 50 hours). If
the water is hard, increase the frequency.
Do not use descaling agents for rinsing out the boiler, as they
could damage it.
1. Check that the appliance is cold and unplugged for more
2. Place your appliance on the edge of your kitchen sink.
3. Remove the plastic cover located on the bottom of the
4. Unscrew the boiler drainage plug located on the bottom of
5. Holding your steam generator in upside down position,
6. Shake the base unit for a few moments and then empty it
7. Replace and tighten up the boiler drainage plug with a
8. Insert and close the plastic cover by turning it to the
Automatic clean warning
(depending on model)
Pilot light (3) will ﬂash indicating that boiler must be rinsed. To
do this, follow the procedure described in the section above.
To reset "Calc'n clean" pilot light and counter, switch the
station off twice, keeping it off during at least 30 seconds
Rinsing the iron steam chamber (G)
This procedure helps to remove scale particles out of the
Carry it out approximately every 2 weeks, if the water in your
area is very hard.
a) Ensure that the iron is cooled down.
b) Set the temperature selector (10) of the iron to the "min"
c) Fill the tank with tap water.
d) Plug in the mains cable and set the main power switch (6)
e) Wait until the "steam ready" indicator lamp (7) lights up.
Name of accessory
f) If the steam station has steam regulator (4), set it to the
g) Hold the iron over the sink or a container to collect the
h) Press the steam release button (11) and gently shake
i) Set the temperature selector (10) of the iron to the "max"
j) To clean the soleplate, immediately rub off any residue by
than 2 hours, and that the removable water tank (1) is
appliance by turning it to the
the appliance using a coin.
and using a jug, ﬁll the boiler (in the base unit) with 1/4 litre
completely over a sink or bucket. To obtain the best result,
we recommend that this operation is done twice
Important: before re-closing, make sure no water remains
in the boiler.
to the "I" position.
maximum position ("10").
the iron. Boiling water and steam will come out, carrying
scale and or deposits that might be there. This could take
approximately 5 minutes.
position, without pressing the steam release button (11).
The water in the steam chamber will start evaporating.
Wait until all the water inside the chamber has been
running the hot iron over dry cotton cloth.