The following procedure was confirmed with the following system and drive combination:
- Attach the drive to the host using a proper SCSI cable.
- Set proper SCSI ID on the MO drive. (In this case, SCSI ID = 4)
- Set proper termination.
Note: The SCSI ID number should be unique for each SCSI devices. The "hinv" command in the
maintenance mode of the SGI workstation is useful to determine SCSI ID numbers.
- Turn on the MO drive and host computer.
- Log in as root.
- Confirm the connection of MO drive and UNIX Workstation using following command.
Port2# #hinv –c scsi
Optical disk : unit 4 on SCSI controller 1
3) Media Initialization
- Launch the Unix Shell and insert a cartridge into the drive
- Enter "fx-x" at the Unix Shell prompt
Format the media using following commands.
port0 3# fx -x [enter]
fx version 6.3, July xx, 1998
fx: "device name" = (dksc) [enter]
fx: ctlr# = (0) 1 [enter]
fx: drive# = (1) 4 [enter]
. . . opening dksc(1,4)
. . . controller test. . . OK
SMO-F551 / RMO-S551 Installation Guide
SGI O2 R5000, R10000