Installation Procedure on SCO Systems
The following procedure was confirmed with the following system and drive combination:
1) Hardware Installation
- Attach the drive to the system using a SCSI cable.
- Set proper SCSI ID and termination.
- Set proper Functional Switch.
Note: Device type; Direct Memory Access Device Placing a jumper socket over
the desired pair of pins A10/B10 turn "Direct Memory Access Device" function ON.
(Please refer to Page 17-20 of Technical Guide for SMO-F551.)
- Turn on the drive and insert the media.
2) Turn on the power of the host system
3) Using "diskadd" command to mount the disk on the system
Note: The "diskadd" command is the type of conversation command. So it asks
you some questions of to need the information under operation. Please refer to
the online manual of UNIX_SCO on detail.
4) To unmount disk on the system
Note: It needs to operate the "unmount " before the eject of MO media.
SMO-F551 / RMO-S551 Installation Guide
UnixWare 2.1, UnixWare 7