2)-3 Create partition on the media
Windows2000/XP does not create partitions on removable media devices. If you want to
create partitions, we recommend using the "Disk Drive Tune UP
3) Install the device driver
- Login Windows2000/XP as administrator.
- Install the device driver on Windows2000/XP and reboot the host computer. (Please
refer to the user's guide of the Device Driver)
3)-2 Format the media and partition
- Format and make partition on the media by using format utility software, such as "Desk
Drive Tune Up
- There are two format types that Disk Administrator of Windows2000/XP supports.
1) FAT16/32: allows media to be removed easily.
2) NTFS: 'locks' the media into the drive.
- "Desk Drive Tune Up
you want to use NTFS file system, please use disk administrator after login as
administrator. "Desk Drive Tune Up
5.2GB), but some others
proper media before using the device driver. If you have any question, please contact
your dealer of the device driver.
- Windows2000/XP does not support WORM media.
- Before rebooting a host PC, please don't replace other media of a different sector size.
SMO-F551 / RMO-S551 Installation Guide
" supports only FAT16 / 32 file system and UDF file system. If
" supports all kind of MO media (4.1GB, 4.8GB,
format utility software do not support Please confirm the